Need help in choosing broadband for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadkiss 009

I like to FIFA
I need a broadband connection for playing multiplayer games like Crysis, FIFA e.t.c.
So I chose two plans for this purpose, one is Home 750UL (256 kbps @ 750 per month) and Home 1350UL (512 kbps @ 1350/month). Is the 750 UL with 256 kbps speed enough for such multiplayer gaming :?:???:? Otherwise I must take the second plan. Actually the 2nd plan @1350/month is pretty expensive for me, but if the 256 kbps is not good for multiplayer gaming then there is no other choice but to take the 2nd plan.

SO please help me choosing the right plan.

(My father is an ex central govt. employee so he will get a 20% discount on any BSNL plans, so I'll stick to BSNLbroadband only)

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Any connection above 64kbps is good for gaming.
But since you are going for BSNL, 256kbps is fine.(In case of Relaince or Airtel , U can play Crysis Wars / Cod4 without any lagg even on 75kbps as there Upload speed is higher than BSNL).
Go for Home 750UL.

And if you are more inclined towards FPS Multiplayer Games (Like COD4,COD5,Crysis Wars,Urban Terror, etc) go for Airtel 256 UL as you get better pings with it.
BSNL is good for some Indian andd few foreign servers only.
Cuz if you will get ping higher than 250 .. Ur shots will be delayed and u wont be that deadly.

Any Racing/Sports game can be played on any connection .. As latency doesnt matter there much.

ayuboy

Journeyman
64kbps is a bit too less for online gaming where lots of data need to be transmitted.
Like FL2 for eg needs faster than 64Kbps for smooth play. and Cod 4 is unplayable in 64Kbps.
I recommend you try MTNl they have best pings with Indian servers but Reliance also gives good pings.

OP
deadkiss 009

deadkiss 009

I like to FIFA
64kbps is a bit too less for online gaming where lots of data need to be transmitted.
Like FL2 for eg needs faster than 64Kbps for smooth play. and Cod 4 is unplayable in 64Kbps.
I recommend you try MTNl they have best pings with Indian servers but Reliance also gives good pings.

MTNL ................ is it a name of food or a hair oil ?

:lol::lol: just joking man. I am from Kolkata, so it's not here. Thnx for ur reply anyway.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!

Lots of Data isnt transmitted.For an hour , you incur about 15 - 20 - 30 mb.
COD4 is butter smooth in Relaince 75kbps UL.
Havent heard of FL2 ... Whats that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom