Need help in building pc

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^check this out -
Power, Heat, And Noise : The Radeon HD 6950 Sweet Spot: Five 1 GB Cards Rounded-Up
*media.bestofmicro.com/Z/R/309735/original/image029.png

BTW toxic is great card, fastest 6950 but in Indian conditions especially summer it will be hot to overclock.

skywalker5555

Broken In
^
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition Review Page 15 - Testing: Temperature - Overclockers Club

Inexpensive Hi-End: MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1 GD5 Power Edition/OC Graphics Card. Page 8 - X-bit labs

Yea true it majorly depends on ambient temps

skywalker5555

Broken In
@jaskanwar
did u read the second link it says The twin frozr III (power Edition) comes very close to in fact almost is equal to the 6950 Toxic ... n m pretty sure of the fact tht twin frozr iii is cooler then the Dual fan sapphire ...

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^you mean performance?
yup, TFIII is at 850mhz while sapphire dual fan is 800mhz so definitely it will be a little better (until we manually oc)
i suggested sapphire because it has a dual bios switch which can unlock shaders(check link in my sig)

and about temps,
you saw that image i posted? that PCIE is dual fan only.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^Twin Frozr III = Power Edition.

ok, let me explain. msi has a twin frozr III cooler. it names gpus with that cooler like this -
6870, 560ti = hawk
6950, 570 = power edition
6970, 580 = lightning

skywalker5555

Broken In
what i meant was the temps u posted were of Power Edition OC not of the simple power edition so it would definitely result in a fall of 2C or even more resulting in better temps then sapphire dual fan .
Btw
u forgot
Twin frozr II :p
cyclone (cyclone cooler is not designed by msi its designed by a company called King Cooler )

jokes apart 6950 havin the dual bios is a good choice for the topic creator as u said tht one can unlock the stream processors

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^temps dont rise much unless you overvolt. Hardly 1-2c difference. And 3c is not a significant difference!!!

And i was talking of tf3 coolers!

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
Is AMD processors better than intel ?

2 of my stores over here suggested that to change to AMD processors is it any good ?

Souro_Ray

In the zone
AMD is a good choice when you're working with a tight budget. But since you have a decent budget where you can actually fit in an intel processor, GO FOR IT!

Storekeepers will say all kinds of shizzle. If YOU want to buy something which you KNOW is good, make sure that God Himself cant change your mind! Go for the Intel config suggested. You wont regret it

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
Rest all is available over here will get the final spec on monday (They said the price will be below rs 30,000)

Now only problem is graphic card which i need might not be available wat they r saying dont know wat to do..............is online is the best way (price is high) or settle 4 the next best

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^Try SMCInternational.Their after-sales support is great.
Just mail them about your preferred graphics card is available there or not.

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2400 CPU is this enough for gaming wats the difference between
Intel Core i5 2500

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Stock clock speed, thats it. And since they're non-K CPUs, they cant be overclocked. So you're pretty much stuck with whatever clock speeds you get to begin with :(

Mr.V

Journeyman
Well If you use in applications (like animation,Photoshop),you need more cores( I have noticed a large diffenerce between 2500k and fx6100) ,But in gaming,you may use amd.
I still recommend AMD as i have 2 Amd machines at home (one fx6100 and another 8120) and i am quite happy with its performance rather than the core i5 which is at the animation centre.

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
I am going for intel

Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2400 CPU & Intel Core i5 2500

I am not going to clock so Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2400 CPU is it enough for gaming with my current spec or i have to make changes

Top Bottom