Need help in building pc

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
If and only if his budget permits. He is on a tighr (i.e. 45-50K) budget.

Its true on a budget

Got mixed reviews now 1gb or 2gb

After some searching the memory on the graphics card is one of the least important things i think depend's also on the processor ,motherboard etc Most of the games 1gb is more than enough it also depends on core clock speed 1gb or 2gb not much difference (google)

if i go for 2gb will it cause other problems like support issues in future (like my mob or processor wont support have to change it)

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Support issues wont be a problem. If your processor and motherboard can support it now, it can support the same graphics card in the future also. And AMD driver support is quite good, from what i have heard. Believe me, it wont be a problem.

Its always better to go for more VRAM only "IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT". If a couple of thousand rupees hurts your pocket, then go for the HD6950 1GB edition. Its one of the best performing cards out there for your budget.

Now you decide, bro. The choice is, was and always will be in your hands. We wont point a gun at your head and force you to buy anything. So cheers mate and let us know your final decision ;)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
if i go for 2gb will it cause other problems like support issues in future (like my mob or processor wont support have to change it)

No. I suggested you to go with 2GB is budget permits. :)
So, after all these conversations you should go with 2GB edition of 6950.

skywalker5555

Broken In
i5 2500k
Z68 Asus Maximus Gene-Z(if u can spend 13400)
G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHZ 8 gb ram
500gb hdd
Nvidia geforce gtx 560ti 448c 1gb graphic card Or HIS HD6950 1 Gb
NZXT Gamma cabinet
Seasonic S12D620W 80 plus bronze

Maximus Gene Z is the best mobo option available under 15000 .. amazing for overclocking .. and aesthetically appealing

Last edited:

Souro_Ray

In the zone
^^ I think you mean Asus MAXIMUS Gene-Z. Rampage is the ROG mobo for the Intel Extreme Edition processors. ExtremeGamer has the Rampage III for his first generation i7. Rampage IV is for X79. Maximus Gene-Z is the micro-ATX ROG motherboard for Sandy Bridge series core i processors.

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
Ok then 2gb it is no doubt about it 4sure

Were 2 buy which is the best (Also Company's)

Sapphire/MSI/Powercolor AMD Radeon HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5

OR

MSI/Zotac/Asus GTX560Ti 2GB DDR5

GTX560Ti 2GB DDR5 has a bit more clock speed and DDR5 speed & less power usage

Between both of them which has a better updates & supports for future

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Ok then 2gb it is no doubt about it 4sure

Were 2 buy which is the best (Also Company's)

Sapphire/MSI/Powercolor AMD Radeon HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5

OR

MSI/Zotac/Asus GTX560Ti 2GB DDR5

GTX560Ti 2GB DDR5 has a bit more clock speed and DDR5 speed & less power usage

Between both of them which has a better updates & supports for future
OPTION 1
1) If you're planning to buy to 2GB version of HD6950.I will suggest either go with MSI or Sapphire.*www.msi.com/product/vga/R6950-Twin-Frozr-III-Power-Edition-OC.html
2)If you couldn't find the above suggested Graphics then next option will be
MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC. Which is a overclocked version of nVidia 560Ti chip, its clocked at 880 MHz and Memory clocked at 4008Mhz.I have the same graphics card, only difference is i have the 1GB version with me.

P.S-Always higher core and memory speed doesn't mean that its powerful.In stock speed AMD HD6950 is more faster than nVdia GTX560Ti.But a overclocked nVidia GTX560Ti will give tough competition to AMD HD6950.

OPTION 2

If you're looking for 1GB version of AMD HD6950 or Nvidia GTX560Ti.
Then look no further and get MSI GTX560Ti Hawk.Its super clocked edition.The core speed is 950MHz and Memory clock runs at 4200Mhz.And another thing it has MSI Twin Frozer III cooler, its terrific cooler.You can even overclocked the Hawk to 1000Mhz core speed without any overheating problem.

Check some review of MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk

MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk Review - Overclockers Club
MSI N560GTX Ti Hawk Video Card | MSI N560GTX Ti Hawk,GeForce GTX 560,Video Card,Benchmarks,Performance,Reviews,Steven Iglesias-Hearst,MSI N560GTX Ti Hawk Video Card Benchmark Performance Review by Steven Iglesias-Hearst
MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti HAWK review
HARDOCP - Introduction - MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk Video Card Review

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
if you cant get 2GB HD6950, get 1GB HD6950. reason -
Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti Super Overclock Graphics Card Review - Test System and Methodology
a 830MHz-850MHz HD6950 = 1000MHz GTX560Ti.
and you may even unlock shaders to get HD6970 performance for no overclocking hassles.

but a 2GB HD6950 is worth the extra bucks. more VRAM benefits in AA. and from my experience heavy games are already touching 1GB VRAM wall!!

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
Wats the exact price of

2GB HD6950 MSI

2GB HD6950 Sapphire

MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC 1 & 2gb

MSI GTX560Ti Hawk 1gb

Wat about updates & supports

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
2GB MSI TFIII HD6950/Sapphire Dual Fan Dirt 3 Ed. will be around 16k.

MSI GTX560Ti 2GB is 15.5k~. 1GB will be 14.5k~
Hawk = 15k~

both msi and sapphire have excellent service!

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
Dont see much price difference between them i thing i will go with the 2gb HD6950

Were to buy them most of the site's out of stock some sites price is like 18.5k

The reason i asking is i didnt get the info on my spec over here at my place so if i get a second chance i will go online

My Final spec

Intel Core i5 2500

Intel DH67BL Motherboard

Corsair Value series 1333 MHz 4GB DDR3 X 2 (THX to Cilus)

Seagate Barracuda 500GB (ST500DM002)

Seasonic S12 II 620 Watt (THX to Ghonada)

NZXT SOURCE 210 ELITE(THX to Tarun)

All might not be available if not i have to go online

(If possible pls find the exact price 4 the above spec)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Sapphire Toxic HD6950 2GB is available at M.D Computers at Rs 17.6K

GRAPHIC CARDS - ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

M.D Computers is the best shop here in Kolkata.For gamer of course.

Last edited:

skywalker5555

Broken In
all i say is dont buy a reference card if u r thinking to overclock ...
my recommendation for u is to go for .. HD6950 Twin Frozr III way better then Sapphire ...

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^I didn't know its hot card.
If Op can find msi twin frozr III or sapphire dual fan is good.Otherwise he can choose 2GB version of nVidia GTX560TI also.

skywalker5555

Broken In
@jaskanwar
i dnt think a sapphire dual fan and a twin will have the same temps as far as i knw ...
MSI has an all over better cooling design with twin frozr III ..

Top Bottom