Need help in building a budget gaming rig....

BurningStar

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Gaming

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yup

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 16k

4. Planning to overclock?
A:nope

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Windows7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500 gb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: I have a monitor, HCL HCM 582 15", 1024x768.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 3 perhaps

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Haven't build one before. Yes planning to get it done by a assembler.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: In a month.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yup

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Monitor,Keyboard,Mouse,speakers

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Ghaziabad. Interested in buying stuff from Delhi/NCR only.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
It's little tricky to build a gaming config at a budget of 16K. Let me try:-

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 635 Quad core @ 4K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 @ 2.5K
Ram: Corsair 1333 MHz 4GB DDR3 single stick @ 1.2K
HDD: Seagate 500 GB SATA HDD @ 1.9K
Cabinet: Zebronics cabinet without SMPS @ 1K
PSU/SMPS: FSP SAGA II 400W @ 1.8K
GPU: Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 @ 4K
Optical Drive: LG 22X SATA DVD R/W @ 0.9K

Total 17.3K. I think it is the best I can do for you...You're getting a True Quad core CPU, 4Gigs of DDR3, 500 GB of HDD and a DirectX 11 capable decent Graphics card which will allow you to play all the current titles with high setting in a 15" Monitor. If you can increase your budget a little then get the FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.2K

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Wow thats real low deal. I think Cilus has done pretty much best out of the Budget.

But I will recommend to save some more / stretch your budget and get a 500W PSU & a HD 6670.

OP
B

BurningStar

Right off the assembly line
I can adjust my budget in that case,no problem, but not above 20K. How much future proofing does hd 6670 provides if I intend to play games at that resolution ( 1024x768) only? Can I play 2011 and upcoming games on high settings at that res?

Last edited:
Top Bottom