Need Help for A Mobile @ ~18K

sa_still_rocks

SA ~San Andreas
I need the best mobile that has pricing around 17 to 18 K...

I have no idea which one exactly is the best but I really liked Samsung Wave 2, and have been avoiding N8 due to rumours of bad user iinterface about it....

BTW I have doubts about the OS of Wave 2.. Is that OS compatible for games and softwares easily or should I switch to Android 2.1 mobile phone?

*-Should be able to read E-books-

Any suggestions???

pauldmps

Banned
The rumors of bad interface on N8 is actually true.

The Wave II is really feature rich & a steal at its price. However it lacks a decent OS. If you can live with Bada go for it.

Or check out Motorola Defy which is selling for about 18.5k.

Or wait for Samsung to launch those four new Galaxy phones.

Siddharthtech

Geekism RC1
The Wave 2 is a gr8 phone but the apps availability is low. Bada is quite nice and fast but the apps are less. If you can wait for apps, then it's for you. If not why not go for the HTC Wildfire with Android 2.2??
If its for e-books, android's got a nice interface!
And you'll never have any problems regarding apps. Hope it helps!

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ HTC wildfire??? Are you serious??? Screen resolution!!!

IMO wait for the arrival of new samsung galaxy series if you really want android, otherwise buy wave 2.

_

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Smasung Ace not worth the wait. seriously. Motorola Defy way better than that crappy screened ace. it should be named Samsung a**. OP should go for Defy. even with Android 2.1, its far better than Bada.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^ its upto buyer, froyo or resolution.
BTW samsung ace resolution is "satisfactory" not "crappy", remember Iphone 3gs with same screen size and resolution and none has complaint about it. So if ace gonna be around 15-16k its worth considering.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Big screen with gorilla glass protection, great resolution, decent processor, excellent built quality, 5 MP camera with flash and 512 MB RAM in 18k.
Considering above points I think froyo part can be neglected easily :) as XDA is there to back it up with froyo.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^ its upto buyer, froyo or resolution.
BTW samsung ace resolution is "satisfactory" not "crappy", remember Iphone 3gs with same screen size and resolution and none has complaint about it. So if ace gonna be around 15-16k its worth considering.

yes. resolution not so bad but now all depends on the final price tag. 15k or below, its a good mobile, else by than Defy will/should come down to 17k, than it may no longer be an Ace.

vishurocks

Journeyman
Go for defy for 18k. But be ready to update with custom roms from xda forum. It is worth ur money, consider it a first place

OP
S

sa_still_rocks

SA ~San Andreas
Still a mess..... Sure I can wait about 2 months if I get a good phone.... I need the best screen whatsoever, and just basic outlook should work on it.... well apart from e books...
So my choices are the samsung galaxy, wave 2 and moto defy.... Is android 2.2 really different and is much better than 2.1??? and what about android 3?? Releasing soon and is defy upgradable to 3???

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ android 2.2 offers (noticeable) performance boost and some added features.
And being motorola, there is scarce chance of 2.3 on defy. Even 2.2 seems far away. In this kind of situations XDA comes in aid :)

prakashr85

Journeyman
Man go for defy its really worth for money and there are many people who ported unofficial 2.2 update to defy and reported working fine then why should you consider the version , even 2.3 unofficial may be available and 3.0 will hit soon.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
3.0 won't hit soon. one needs a working mobile rom to port it to other mobiles. for now 2.3 is only possible.

Top Bottom