Need help for a future proof system (Intel based)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
Max budget for cabinet+PSU+UPS+dvd writer ?

Actually my original budget was 20K (open to 25K) which is excluding Proc+Mobo+SSD (initial combo i was planning). Now that I was told to dump DZ68DB and go for another mobo, that budget increases to 27K.

Of this 27K - mobo 7914, RAM 3300, wifi dongle 800 - so 12K already utilized.

however wud be happy is instead of 15K, get remaining in 10K only.. :)

Max budget for cabinet+PSU+UPS+dvd writer ?

Secondary HDD as well...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
now is not a good time to buy a hard disk if not SSD.due to worst flood of the century in Thailand production of HDs is severely impacted resulting in a huge price rise.2 TB hard disk which costs 4000 in september is now priced at 6900.prices are expected to come down in a few months so until that time if possible try to avoid buying hard disk.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ OP
I would suggest to stick with ssd space now and wait for hdd prices to fall. Later you can get a secondary hdd with 1 tb or more once prices stabilize.

Tell me one thing buddy: Do you have intentions to add a good gpu later?

OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
@ OP
I would suggest to stick with ssd space now and wait for hdd prices to fall. Later you can get a secondary hdd with 1 tb or more once prices stabilize.

Tell me one thing buddy: Do you have intentions to add a good gpu later?

Yes, I had plans of having it from the first but some people clearly told me to see the performance of i7 2600k first and then upgrade if reqd.

Based on my usage, they were of the opinion that it should suffice.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Component | Make | Price DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata DVD Writer|1100
PSU |Seasonic S12II-620|4300
Case |NZXT GAMMA|2200
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
| Total |11900

Notes: 1. suggested 620Watt PSU as it can handle GTX 560ti/Readon HD 6870 easily.
2. Suggested APC 1.1KVA for the same reason.

Alternate cheaper UPS: Intex 1KVA @1.9K

Last edited:
OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
TABLE]Component|Make|Price
DVD Writer|ASUS 24X Sata DVD Writer|1100
PSU|Seasonic S12II-620|4300
Case|NZXT GAMMA|2200
UPS|APC 1.1KVA|4300
|Total|11900[/TABLE]

Notes: 1. suggested 620Watt PSU as it can handle GTX 560ti/Readon HD 6870 easily.
2. Suggested APC 1.1KVA for the same reason.

Alternate cheaper UPS: Intex 1KVA @1.9K

Thanks a lot.

So final as below.. please confirm.
Hope it is a good build keeping in mind compatibility of all products and the price.

Would I need anything else to have a working computer.
I will order the items online or try to look here in Bangalore if any cheaper avlbl, however have contraint of travelling and looking around too much so mostly it would be online.

Will look flipkart/ebay/smcintl/letsbuy/primeabgb for these products.

also a ques: Isn't there a good PSU+Cabinet combo which may be good and cheaper?

Processor Intel i7 2600K 22000
Hard Disk Intel 320 Series 160 GB SSD With Proc
Motherboard Biostar TZ68K+ 7419
RAM Gskill RipjawX 4GBX2 1600MHz 3300
Graphics Card On-board i7 2600K GPU 0
Secondary Hard Disk DELAY FOR NOW 0
DVD-RW ASUS 24X Sata DVD Writer 2400
Monitor Dell ST2420L 12350
Cabinet NZXT GAMMA 2200
Keyboard Logitech Wireless MK320 1450
PSU Seasonic S12II-620 4300
UPS Intex 1KVA 1900
Wireless Card Belkin USB Wifi Adapter 800

now is not a good time to buy a hard disk if not SSD.due to worst flood of the century in Thailand production of HDs is severely impacted resulting in a huge price rise.2 TB hard disk which costs 4000 in september is now priced at 6900.prices are expected to come down in a few months so until that time if possible try to avoid buying hard disk.

Thanks.. will definitely keep that in mind.. and on lookout for price drops..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes, I had plans of having it from the first but some people clearly told me to see the performance of i7 2600k first and then upgrade if reqd.

Based on my usage, they were of the opinion that it should suffice.

Well then i would suggest you to stick with a good futureproof psu now so that when you plan to install a gpu in future, you don't have to upgrade psu.

Since you have pci-e slots in your motherboard, a graphics card can be installed anytime you see fit.

My suggestion will be to invest in a good 650-750w psu from corsair or seasonic to go well with the config. Overclocking the cpu also raises power consumption so i suggest you not to neglect in the psu department.:)

OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
My suggestion will be to invest in a good 650-750w psu from corsair or seasonic to go well with the config. Overclocking the cpu also raises power consumption so i suggest you not to neglect in the psu department.:)

sure..
would the seasonic 620 suggested earlier suffice?

Cheaper cabinet would be: zebronics bijli(without psu) @1.1K

I think i will go with the nzxt gamma.. looks good.. and reviews seems fine..
however read a thread stating that with online price+shipping may not be VFM.
will try to look in bangalore local shops then.

if not, any other good one avlbl for reasonable pricing online?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
however read a thread stating that with online price+shipping may not be VFM.
that thread was started by me.if you order it through primeabgb then total cost including shipping comes about 3200.however if you order it through theitdepot total cost would be 2570.i posted itdepot link in my earlier post.as far as i know NZXT is very hard to find outside mumbai in shops.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
instead of Corsair TX750V2, Seasonic SS-750JS would be better vfm IMO because both are same PSU (corsair is re-branded seasonic) and OP will be paying extra 400/- only for Corsair branding.

Cilus

laborare est orare
But that extra 400 bucks is justified considering the unmatched aftersales service of Corsair

OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
Flipkart: Biostar TZ68K+: Motherboard

TZ68K+ - price increase of 100/- since yesterday.. :(

Anyways 100/- doesnt matter much.
So should I final the config that i planned..
thinking of going with Seasonic 620 only and not Corsair/Seasonic 750..

Cilus, your comments on the final config..

Cilus

laborare est orare
samuelgomes, the final config looks solid to me. Proceed with the purchase before price increases for some other components. :)

OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
For Wifi, get a USB Wi-fi dongle from Belkin. The price will be around 800 bucks. Check here: eBay - Belkin USB Wireless G Wifi Dongle Adapter 5 YR WARNTY, Similar items search

Is G better or N150?

How is this deal?

Koovs - Buy Belkin basic wireless USB Adapter for just Rs. 755 = Rs. 1349. 3 years manufacturer warranty. Limited Stock, Free Shipping!! | All India Deal

Getting 100/- off on it.. so 655/-

no response..?

am i asking too many questions??

Cilus

laborare est orare
Most of us is not that much knowledgeable regarding performance of Wire less routers or modem. Better search some reviews in net for both the devices and decide yourself. However, as per my general knowledge, there won't be any reasonable performance difference among devices priced so closely.

OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
Sorry to have started this thread after an year.. !
Due to some issues my quest to configure the desktop were stalled.
I am re-initiating the process of configuring the same. Please help me.

I have already bought i7 3770K Intel Proc and 240 GB SSD 520 series.
Along with the same I already have Dell Monitor, Wirelesss KB+Mouse, ASUS 24X SATA DVD/CD Writer, Belkin Wireless USB Adapter

Please help me finalize the following:

1. Mobo
2. Memory (Need 8 GB) Suggest 12/16 GB option as well if available at low cost of VFM deal
3. Cabinet & associated parts like fan/SMPS/etc etc
4. UPS

I didn't receive any cable with SATA DVD/CD writer. Please confirm if I need to buy separately.
Anything else that I need to take care of.

Thanks a lot.. !

Cilus

laborare est orare
I am closing this thread.You start a new one, mentioning every details in the PC buying teplate like what are the components you wanna buy and what you already got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom