Need Help!!! DDR3 Ram for Intel DP45SG Motherboard?

shreeux

Movie Buff
My System Configuration is...

Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 Processor
Intel DP45SG Motherboard
Kingston DDR3 2GB RAM PC3-10700 (667 MHz)
AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics card
UMAX 600W SMPS
WD GREEN 1TB Hard disk
windows 7 sp1 32bit

*goo.gl/QygY4R

In my mother board 4 slots available...I like to increase the ram for working sluggish also change to 64 bit OS.

I find the same ram not available..Kindly suggest match with this ram...which is compatible Product name with model no..

Thank you,

Cilus

laborare est orare
You don't need to have the exact same Ram. All you need a Ram running at same speed and same clock latency. Your module is a 1333 MHz, probably CL9 module. Download a software called CPU-Z, run it and post the screenshot of the Memory tab of it here which will help us to know the exact specification of the Ram.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
a 667Mhz RAM? :eek:

anyways, get kingston HyperXBlu and tweak you old RAM timing to the Kingston's. That should help.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ OP is absolutely right as the so called 2X MHz DDR or double Data Rate ram actually runs at X MHz speed or performs X*10^6 cycles and at each cycle it can perform two transfers, resulting 2X*10^6 number of transactions per second. This is equivalent to a SDR or single data rate Ram's number of transactions per second, running at twice the speed or 2X MHz speed since it can perform only a single transaction per cycle.
So the 667MHz Ram OP is talking about is actually a DDR3 1333MHz Ram, read my 1st post. The term 1333MHz speed or 1600MHz speed is technically wrong...the technically correct term is 1333 Mega Transfers per second or 1333 MT/s or 1600 MT/s. they run at 667 and 800 MHz speed respectively.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@OP - your motherboard only support 2GB ram modules per slot .. so while purchasing ram modules keep this in mind.

Anyway, if you are not going to upgrade to a new cpu anytime soon better get this :

*www.snapdeal.com/product/kingston-2gb-ddr3-ram-kvr1333d3n92g/545239
*www.flipkart.com/kingston-valueram-ddr3-2-gb-pc-ram-kvr1333d3s8n9-2g/p/itmdnymmr2hfqdgh

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
You don't need to have the exact same Ram. All you need a Ram running at same speed and same clock latency. Your module is a 1333 MHz, probably CL9 module. Download a software called CPU-Z, run it and post the screenshot of the Memory tab of it here which will help us to know the exact specification of the Ram.

Here is the screen shot..

View attachment 14377

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, as I guessed, it is a 1333MHz CL9 Ram but you are running it at 1066MHz speed (533MHz original as present in your memory tab and 533MHz X 2 = 1066MHz effective). You need to tweak your BIOS setting to run it at 1333MHz speed. Although as per the specification, maximum size of the Ram module per slot is 2GB, resulting max of 8GB support, there are plenty of cases mentioned in the internet where it is supporting 4GB per channel with a max capacity of 16GB. You can buy this one: *www.flipkart.com/evm-ddr3-4-gb-pc-...=b_7&ref=0fd8359a-28b4-459d-8612-e6c34c573017
it is a 4GB 1333MHz Ram with CL9 setting, same as your current one.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Ya, as I guessed, it is a 1333MHz CL9 Ram but you are running it at 1066MHz speed (533MHz original as present in your memory tab and 533MHz X 2 = 1066MHz effective). You need to tweak your BIOS setting to run it at 1333MHz speed. Although as per the specification, maximum size of the Ram module per slot is 2GB, resulting max of 8GB support, there are plenty of cases mentioned in the internet where it is supporting 4GB per channel with a max capacity of 16GB. You can buy this one: *www.flipkart.com/evm-ddr3-4-gb-pc-...=b_7&ref=0fd8359a-28b4-459d-8612-e6c34c573017
it is a 4GB 1333MHz Ram with CL9 setting, same as your current one.

Confused kindly explain....Your are mentioning 4GB ram.

What about my ram (Kingston DDR3 2GB RAM PC3-10700 (667 MHz)) Single or Dual Channel
Also explain, how to identify Single channel or Dual channel.

So i left 3 slot free in my motherboard...I like to fill 3 slots...to run 64 bit OS as well as games.

Thanks in advance..

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yes, I am suggesting to get a single 4GB RAm, totalling 6GB of Ram in your system. Since the Rams will be of different size (2GB and 4GB), they'll not run at dual channel mode. But having 6GB Ram in your system will give you faster performance than having 2GBX2 Ram in your system and running them at dual channel. Don't go for a another 2GB module by the hype of having superior performance while running at dual channel configuration.
You can check whether the Rams are running at dual or single channel in CPU-Z only. Check the screenshot of the memory tab you've posted. In the top, in the Chanel# field

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Yes, I am suggesting to get a single 4GB RAm, totalling 6GB of Ram in your system. Since the Rams will be of different size (2GB and 4GB), they'll not run at dual channel mode. But having 6GB Ram in your system will give you faster performance than having 2GBX2 Ram in your system and running them at dual channel. Don't go for a another 2GB module by the hype of having superior performance while running at dual channel configuration.
You can check whether the Rams are running at dual or single channel in CPU-Z only. Check the screenshot of the memory tab you've posted. In the top, in the Chanel# field

Sorry, still i am not understanding...

Already you are said "as per the specification, maximum size of the Ram module per slot is 2GB, resulting max of 8GB support"

In my motherboard 4 slots available...Each slot maximum 2GB only....So 2GB X 4Slots = 8GB only.

How to suggest single 4GB ram?

Thanks...

Cilus

laborare est orare
That was the official specification from Intel and during the release time of the motherboard, DDR3 Rams were just emerging and 2GB modules were dominant. But plenty of people has tried single 4GB module at your motherboard and they have worked fine. Search google with 4GB ram support at your motherboard model number and you'll find plenty of links of people running multiple 4Gb modules at yuor motherboard.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
That was the official specification from Intel and during the release time of the motherboard, DDR3 Rams were just emerging and 2GB modules were dominant. But plenty of people has tried single 4GB module at your motherboard and they have worked fine. Search google with 4GB ram support at your motherboard model number and you'll find plenty of links of people running multiple 4Gb modules at yuor motherboard.

Nothning found.....share the link

Thanks..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Dual channel won't be disabled by mismatched ram config [ size wise ] .. the memory modules will go into flex mode ie 4Gb in dual channel and the remaining 2Gb in single channel.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Dual channel won't be disabled by mismatched ram config [ size wise ] .. the memory modules will go into flex mode ie 4Gb in dual channel and the remaining 2Gb in single channel.

Kindly suggest recently added 2gb ram...check with link it is ok?

*i.imgur.com/O6ROhSp.jpg

*i.imgur.com/RNB9Jvj.jpg

*i.imgur.com/VxUOKOG.jpg

Also i like change my processor Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
For 2000 rs...it is worth?

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
insert both the RAMs in similar colored slots in order to have dual channel configuration. it seems you haven't done so.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
insert both the RAMs in similar colored slots in order to have dual channel configuration. it seems you haven't done so.

Yes, insert with different color...in next slot...

How will you find...KIndly explain...with reason...But i read more unable to understand...

Thanks in advance...also quick reply

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, insert with different color...in next slot...

How will you find...KIndly explain...with reason...But i read more unable to understand...

Thanks in advance...also quick reply

in order to utilize dual channel configuration, you need to insert both rams in similar colored slots.
read this Everything You Need to Know About the Dual-, Triple-, and Quad-Channel Memory Architectures | Hardware Secrets.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
in order to utilize dual channel configuration, you need to insert both rams in similar colored slots.
read this Everything You Need to Know About the Dual-, Triple-, and Quad-Channel Memory Architectures | Hardware Secrets.

Ok, I will read...

What about...

Also i like change my processor Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
For 2000 rs...it is worth?

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
not a bad deal. and try to sell your c2d for around 1.5k ;)
you may consider a new psu too;)

Ok...I will bargain....

- - - Updated - - -

not a bad deal. and try to sell your c2d for around 1.5k ;)
you may consider a new psu too;)

*i.imgur.com/zXAwo7v.jpg

Please check with images..I posted..

Now its show Dual channel...

Totally 4gb installed, But 32-bit os maximum usage is 3.5 gb, but system shows only 2gb..?

Top Bottom