Need Help!!! DDR3 Ram for Intel DP45SG Motherboard?

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
you have to use 64 bit os. it is not always 3.5gb. it varies.

I already checked and posted the link also...its shows usage is 4gb...in 64bit os

My question is 32 bit maximum ram usage is 3.5gb...
I also checked with my friend system..he installed singe 8gb ram...it shows like this..8GB (3.5GB usable)..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I already checked and posted the link also...its shows usage is 4gb...in 64bit os

My question is 32 bit maximum ram usage is 3.5gb...
I also checked with my friend system..he installed singe 8gb ram...it shows like this..8GB (3.5GB usable)..

it is not always 3.5GB. google it.
32 os can utilise a maximum of 4GB out of which a certain amount of memory will be reserved. it is not a constant one.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
it is not always 3.5GB. google it.
32 os can utilise a maximum of 4GB out of which a certain amount of memory will be reserved. it is not a constant one.

Ok, why my system only shows "4GB (2GB usable)"....it rejects completely 2GB ram..? that was my query?

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
yups. it changes from system to system. the solution is to get a 64 bit os. why stick to 32 bit?

I know check the link...In 64bit OS it shows and consumes 4GB...

*i.imgur.com/O6ROhSp.jpg

ok, Leave every thing..my main query...I want to play Call of duty:Ghost and Battlefield 4...

They have minimum ram is 4 gb to 8gb....

So i like to add remaining 2 slots are free...Can i go through 2GB*X2 or 4GBX1...?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
4gb is enough. what you need is a good cpu+gpu combo. get the c2q cpu. and a better psu too;)
you can go for 4gb x 1, but will loose dual channel capability (not a big interest though.)

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
4gb is enough. what you need is a good cpu+gpu combo. get the c2q cpu. and a better psu too;)
you can go for 4gb x 1, but will loose dual channel capability (not a big interest though.)

One of my friend struggle with playing in 4GB...That's why i like to fill the remaining 2 slots.... can i go through 2GB X 2no..fill the slots with same config ram...?
I think that was quad channel..it improve system performance?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
One of my friend struggle with playing in 4GB...That's why i like to fill the remaining 2 slots.... can i go through 2GB X 2no..fill the slots with same config ram...?
I think that was quad channel..it improve system performance?

what is his configuration? probably eith cpu or gpu is bottlenecking. i am not too sure. i dont have cod ghosts/ BF4. but none of my games requires more than 4gb of ram;)
quad channel is not supported by your mobo neither your cpu too. you can go for 2gb x 2 by filling all the 4 slots. you will be able to utilize them in dual channel too. get similar ram with same latency to avoid possible conflicts.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
what is his configuration? probably eith cpu or gpu is bottlenecking. i am not too sure. i dont have cod ghosts/ BF4. but none of my games requires more than 4gb of ram;)
quad channel is not supported by your mobo neither your cpu too. you can go for 2gb x 2 by filling all the 4 slots. you will be able to utilize them in dual channel too. get similar ram with same latency to avoid possible conflicts.

Yes, i check with this link...Intel® Desktop Board DP45SG — System memory

My motherboard is maximum 8 GB total system memory.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
there is a fix for this, called "TheWorse Mod for Watch_Dogs".

Sorry, I am not understand...I was installed CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS...!!!

It shows ram not does not meet the minimum requirements..!

Last edited:
OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
update the game. the latest patch for Call of Duty: Ghosts drops its earlier 6 GB RAM requirement for Windows PC.

OK..i will back after install..

One more thing...I prefer to change my monitor..Now i am using 17" CRT Monitor...from 2007...Still now i am not facing any eye problem...

So, Pls suggest best monitor....eye protection..

My Requirements is..

Surfing
Trading
Movies
Gaming...Sit on system more than 12hrs...

sam1

Journeyman
Sorry, I am not understand...I was installed CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS...!!!

It shows ram not does not meet the minimum requirements..!

My bad. I thought you were going to test WatchDogs. Anyway, there is a fix for COD Ghosts too. try searching for "COD ghosts ram fix".

Top Bottom