Need help assembling PC

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
I'm confused... so I need GPU boost (only on h67) to be able to use Virtu ?
But Ive read somewhere Virtu is supported on h61 also ?!?

Btw I'll be using a triple monitor setup anyway so two monitors connected to the GPU and 1 connected to the on-dye graphics solves this problem , doesn't it ?
am I correct in assuming that any program running in the 3rd screen will run off the on-dye graphics an not the discrete GPU ?
That way if I need QuickSync I run that program in the 3rd screen and won't need Virtu ?!?

please correct me if I'm wrong

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In

Btw I'll be using a triple monitor setup anyway so two monitors connected to the GPU and 1 connected to the on-dye graphics solves this problem , doesn't it ?
am I correct in assuming that any program running in the 3rd screen will run off the on-dye graphics an not the discrete GPU ?
That way if I need QuickSync I run that program in the 3rd screen and won't need Virtu ?!?

anyone ?

shayem

In the zone

I don't know about any H61 supporting Virtue. Could you give a link to that MB.

You can use single monitor setup for Virtue and as per present update you don't even need to connect your monitor to on board Video out. :cool:

Honestly I never used more than 1 monitor and not interested using multimonitor setup so less knowledge about that. So it'll be better to wait for OP to answer :)

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
You can use single monitor setup for Virtue and as per present update you don't even need to connect your monitor to on board Video out.

From what ive understood so far is this:
1) QuickSync only works with on board graphics which are disabled is I'm using a discete GPU

2) If however, I connect one monitor to the in built GPU and another to the discrete GPU then the 1st screen can be used for QuickSync Apps
anandtech said:
Intel originally suggested using multiple monitors with one hooked up to the motherboard's video out and the other hooked up to your discrete GPU to maintain Quick Sync support, however that's hardly elegant. At CES this year we were shown a better alternative from none other than Lucid.

3) Virtu solves this problem (which isnt a problem anyway since ill be using 3 monitors) .
So i want to know :-
1) Will h61 let me use QuickSync or will i need h67 ?
2) I still dont know what GPU boost does ?!

^^ anyone ?

Let me make it simple to understand
I dont care for crossfire, USB3, Sata 6gbps

What I am interested in is Quicksync , and my R6850 cyclone or 6870 not being bottlenecked

So, do i need h67 or save the 2k with h61 and use the difference to get a 6870 ?

erm guys ... ive got only 1 day left to finalize this..

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
Saturday's the big day guys please help me finalize the rig

Let me make it simple to understand
I dont care for crossfire, USB3, Sata 6gbps

What I am interested in is Quicksync , and my R6850 cyclone or 6870 not being bottlenecked

So, do i need h67 or save the 2k with h61 and use the difference to get a 6870 ?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
What will I benefit from a h67 mobo compared to a h61 ..( assuming I dont need USB3 or Sata 2 ) ?

*bump
Also, it it advisable to get the MSI R6850 cyclone ? ..I saw it mentioned in another thread

spending the extra on the cyclone version, you can grab the HD6870 instead for 11.2k

ryuzaki21

Broken In
If I were you then I would wait for the 990 g chipsets to hit the market and you could probably be able to upgrade to AMD bulldozer in the future if you plan to go for an AMD cpu.....newayz the 990 g's r probably gonna be a bit expensive

Regardless, I would request the senior members to recommend a good 550 w to 600 w smps?....I know it's a bit off topic but I am planning to upgrade soon. BTW I have a zebronics cabinet so should I upgrade to a better one or will the smps fit. I don't plan to go in for an sli or crossfire solution anytime soon.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
u gettin i5 2400 ??
go for this mobo : Intel DH67VR-B3 @ 4.7k
topgear suggested that in another thread..

just .7 - .8 k more than the h61 one.. but very much better..

i'll suggest wait for the bulldozer to come.. the sandy bridge's gonna be less expensive then.. and also the mobos..

its just my prediction.. ofcourse take the help of guys like tkin, shayem, topgear,skud, many others on the hardware price check thread.. (note to all those whose names have not been taken : guys.. i cant write the names of all.. or the keyboard will crash) .

haha

please dont make any havoc.. if you have not completed the config.. wait till another free day.. and until then. you can complete the rig..

shayem

In the zone
For RAM you can go with G Skill F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL or Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9

For case go for NZXT Gamma @ 2000 best you can get at that price. If you are little out of budget settle for CM Elite 310 @ 1500.

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
Is it true that dual channel ram offers slightly more performance ?
Are those 1x4 or 2x2 ?
I think the DH67VR has 4 ram slots so wouldnt 2x2 be better ?

shayem

In the zone
Of course. That's why i suggested those. 1x4GB so that you can add another 4Gb in future to work as dual channel. If you need 2x2 dual channel then go for G Skill F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
Of course. That's why i suggested those. 1x4GB so that you can add another 4Gb in future to work as dual channel. If you need 2x2 dual channel then go for G Skill F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

ok cool...but how many ram slots does the DH67VR have anyway ? 4 ?

Top Bottom