* Intel H61WW -- 3.5k
* Corsair 4GB DDR3 -- 2.2k
* Seagate 7200.12 1 TB -- 2.7k
* FSP SAGAII 500W -- 2.1k
* Zebronics Bijli -- 1k
* radeon hd 6850 1GB - 10k
total 31k

Are these prices still accurate ?
Suppose once I get there (lamington road) , my dads in a generous mood and allows me to spend another ~ 2k .. should I invest in a h67 board ? a 6870 instead of 6850 ? an i5 2500 instead of 2400 ?

Also , can someone please explain what to look for in RAM ? whats the difference between a a Corsair ddr3 and gskill / vengeance ?

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
I knew someone was going to suggest the h67 .. can you explain what specific benefit a h67 has over a h61 for my needs ?

Also, can someone answer my other questions ?

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Good thread..
If you gonna have this i5 2400 rig..
Please post the pics and your review about the running config in a new thread or this one..
Please..

And best luck for your exams..

I'm also gonna buy an i5 2400 rig within november.. In kolkata but,

shayem

In the zone
If your "dads in a generous mood and allows" you "to spend another ~ 2k" get I5-2500 + DH67BLB3. Rest is same but total performance will be pretty much better IMO and will be within 33K AFAIK.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
one ques::
DH67BLB3 has four ram sockets..
so can one fill all the four with corsair vengenance (or whatever you call it.. pretty lengthy)

or which ram would you suggest??

i know one will not have to use all but just asking..

and ny ways, which mobo company woulld you reccommend??

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
What will I benefit from a h67 mobo compared to a h61 ..( assuming I dont need USB3 or Sata 2 ) ?

*bump
Also, it it advisable to get the MSI R6850 cyclone ? ..I saw it mentioned in another thread

shayem

In the zone
What will I benefit from a h67 mobo compared to a h61 ..( assuming I dont need USB3 or Sata 2 ) ?

H67 have some extras. Can't say it as benefit. It depends on your requirement. But main two features it has over H61 is GPU boost and SATA3. You stated you don't need even SATA2(If you are not mistaken) so no benefit here. But go thorough this thread, you'll know the differnces. :)

*bump
Also, it it advisable to get the MSI R6850 cyclone ? ..I saw it mentioned in another thread

At your budget it's highly advisable.

one ques::
DH67BLB3 has four ram sockets..
so can one fill all the four with corsair vengenance (or whatever you call it.. pretty lengthy)

or which ram would you suggest??

i know one will not have to use all but just asking..

and ny ways, which mobo company woulld you reccommend??

Yes it can be, but not advisable. You'll get better performance if you put 2x4GB as duel channel instead of 4x2GB AFAIK.

You can opt for any 1.5V 1333MHz DDR3 RAM. It'll do the job fine with H67. But avoid Corsair xms3.

I would say for H67 go with Intel. VFM IMO.

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
*I meant I won't be needing sata3 and 10 USB ports seems plenty
What is GPU boost and do I need it ?
What does lesser PCIe lanes mean ?
If you think I should get a h67 board then mention which and also the cost

shayem

In the zone
If you think I should get a h67 board then mention which and also the cost

Already mentioned at post no. 30

In my city local seller selling i5-2500 @ 9500 & DH67BL@ 5500 (without tax).

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
Thanks Shayem...but im still loking for answers to these questions

I won't be needing sata3 and 10 USB ports seems plenty.. apart from that I cant understand why i should spend 2k extra on h67..
What is GPU boost and do I need it ?
What does lesser PCIe lanes mean ?
Would'nt that 2k be better spent on upgrading to a 6870 ?

shayem

In the zone
GPU Boost Technology is; when you are just using your PC for works which don't need GPU , it switches to the old Intel Hd Graphcis but when you start a game it switches to the GPU to increase performance AFAIK. It can help in Video editing encoding etc. Google for Lucid Virtue it'll help you understand if you need it or not.

PCIe lanse = PCIe graphics slot. To SLI & Crossfire you need 2-3 slots. So in future if you are going to do that you need extra slots.

Now it's up to you if you need those or not. Yes means get that No means get 6870 instead. But choose wisely.

Top Bottom