I have 3 year old Gaming rig with Following Specs:

Intel Core2Quad Q8200
Kingston 2GB x2 DDR3 1333mhz
MSI P45-C51 Motherboard
MSI ATI Radeon 4850 1 GB
Zebronics Platinum 500W PSU 24A
WD 1TB x2 64MB Buffer HDD + WD 500 GB + Seagate 250 GB
ViewSonic 19" 16:10 LCD

I keep my PC running a Lot,(about 16-20 hrs. per day)
Since Last month, my PC started acting wierd, used to restart in Betwwen etc. but Temperatures were always normal.
One Day it stopped Booting at all, then after Self Diagnostics, I ruled out the Problem was with Motherboard, so I got it Repaired By MSI under warranty.
After the repair, my PC was running fine for few days, but I would often Find that when I leave my PC on Overnight , I would find in the morning that it has restarted.
The Pins of my Stock CPU Cooler has broken, so it cant fit into the MOBO perfectly, I have used FeviQuick to get it fixed, and my Cpu Temperatures remain normal all d tym (<50) as I log them.
Since Yesterday, My PC woukd stop Responding after running for few minutes, and display would become corrupted. After reading through various forums, I found that the problem was with My Graphic Card Most Probably.
As its been 3 years, I dont think its still covered under MSI Warranty.

So, I wanted to Buy a Graphics Card under 10k (can exceed a little).
I have no specific Preferences, but want anything which is most Value For Money!
I used to be Hardcore gamer, but dont find time nowadays to game, last game I played was Mass Effect 3.
I dont use any Photo /Video Editing Softwares, and rarely watch movies, so main use is Gaming.

I also wanted a CPU Cooler for Replacement of my Stock Cooler of Q8200.
But I dont want to spend So much on High end Coolers, instead a Cheaper one (500-700 bucks)

So, Please Suggest me a GPU and CPU Cooler.
I live near Nehru Place, Delhi. But can also buy online.

I wanted to Buy This Week Itself, maybe Tomorrow or Day After

saswat23

Human Spambot
For graphics card, you can get GTX-560 for 10.5k. Check SMC International. They have one.
For cooler, try to get CM Hyper TX3 for 1.3k.

Also you need to change your PSU. Its not at all good one. Check this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html
Get atleast Corsair CX-430v2 for 2.5k. But better to get Corsair CX-500v2 for 3.4k or Seasonic S12II-520 for 3.8k.

OP
A

ashwarsadh

Broken In
For graphics card, you can get GTX-560 for 10.5k. Check SMC International. They have one.
For cooler, try to get CM Hyper TX3 for 1.3k.

Also you need to change your PSU. Its not at all good one. Check this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html
Get atleast Corsair CX-430v2 for 2.5k. But better to get Corsair CX-500v2 for 3.4k or Seasonic S12II-520 for 3.8k.

GTX 560 or ATI 7770 ? Which is more VFM ?
Is there any Cheaper Cooler than 1.3 k?
MY PSU has been running my PC fine since 3 Years, but if its really necessary then I can buy PSU for max `2k..

Any Suggestions please?

saswat23

Human Spambot
GTX-560 is the most VFM option here.
If 2k then look for FSP SAGA-II 500, will cost around 2.2k.
For HSF there are no other good coolers. If you want some cheaper ones then look at flipkart, they have some Deepcool coolers for 500-800bucks.

If FSP is not available, contact Aditya Infotech Ltd. HOME Page they will help you. Aditya IT is the distributor for Corsair, FSP, Sapphire and Zotac products.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Does the op really need to change the psu, as he was running the 4850 for past 3 yrs?
For the card get the gtx560, as everyone suggested. As for cpu cooler, get a simple and cheap hsf now and later change it.

OP
A

ashwarsadh

Broken In
Does the op really need to change the psu, as he was running the 4850 for past 3 yrs?
For the card get the gtx560, as everyone suggested. As for cpu cooler, get a simple and cheap hsf now and later change it.

That's exactly what i've been thinking...
My psu is platinum one, and agent 001 suggested it back then..
And i just found that its been 4 years, and i bought that psu back then for 2.1k
So please confirm do i really need to change psu..
Regarding cpu cooler, i will upgrade to amd phenom / apu within an year
So if i buy a good cooler now, will it fit on amd sockets later

Please suggest and confirm

Top Bottom