Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed

abhidev

Human Spambot
EA may be riding high on the success of Hot Pursuit but that hasn’t stopped them from cracking the whip on developer Slightly Mad studios who’re busy working on Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed.

Spanish site Nicagamerz got a chance to sit down and talk to DICE's Marcus Nilsson, producer of Shift 2 who shared some info about the game:
The game will feature night races
It will ship with Autolog
The game’s trying to rival Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3 in terms of visuals and in-game physics
The game will introduce something called a "Helmet Cam" that’ll allow players to experience the thrill and horror of crashing their rides in a very up, close and personal sort of way
The game will stay locked at 30 FPS
Either way, Shift 2 Unleashed is expected to release sometime in Spring 2011 for the Xbox360, PS3 and PC.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Re: NFS- Shift 2

I think there will be 30FPS lock only for consoles. For PC, it will be 60Fps.

And why the hell is EA involving DICE in every game ( Hot Pursuit, Medal of Honor, now.. shift). It sure is an amazing development house, no doubt about that.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot

Exactly...wheres the old NFS dev team..they did a pretty good job before...I think the NFS series shouldn't try to direct this franchise to simulation...rather it should concentrate on new game elements like in NFS-MW(best NFS game ever)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

What we strongly need is a NFS MW2 - not some petty titles like Undercover/Hot Pursuit.

BTW, the infos and the helmet cam of shift 2 is very interesting.

What ever happened to the old Black box team....I mean I agree they made a mess of things, but that doesn't mean EA should just kick them out...Black box brought out the BEST NFS in Existence...Most Wanted (I grew up with that game *sniff*)!!

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot

Carbon too was a good game but not better than NFS-MW....the current NFS-HP2 seems to have gr8 graphics ...haven't played yet...

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

You know what, I hate arcade racers. I was loving them before, not now. It's too arcade-y (yeah, well, they ARE arcade racers).

This looks cool! FIA GT1 and 3 careers, night racing, dynamic weather, 140 cars (Phuc GT5, 1000 cars of sh*t, "too much is too bad") and the awesome cockpit view. And this game ain't too far away, only three months away! YAY!

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Most Wanted was a collaboration between Black Box, Redwood shores(now knows as Visceral Games). And I think development team of Undercover is the same team that made MostWanted. But Prostreet was made by another group of people(which also had MW crew) in the Black Box studios, as EA spitted the entire team into two, which developed games individually.. allowing a game to be released every year and still having nearly 2 year development cycle.

I think what happened with Most Wanted is a great accident. Some how they managed to pool all the awesome things. And because of unknown reasons, now they are not delivering the thing that meets the standards set by themselves.

But EA did a good thing taking the franchise out of the house and giving it to other development houses. I think they'll keep both lines running. One Simulation racing line and another arcade racing line.

And I have this going in my head. Activison told that they are selling Bizzare(PGR,BLUR fame). I think EA will buy them.. and will allow NFS to be developed by them. It is just my speculation, though.

P

petemosby

Impatiently waiting for this game. Like vamsi_krishna said these 2 lines are really different and I like only the simulation games after MW. MW is my favorite of all the arcade stuff(because of the driving experience). I'm not a fan of this cops chasing thing. I really like pure racing and Freeride option like in Underground 2 and nobody on your way. that's why I respect them for making so many different games for almost every taste. some of them more successful, some of them not.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

I dont think there is anything new except Helmet cam

Shift already has all tracks from Nordschliefe to Le Mans. Hence graphics should improve nothing else.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

If you were able to run Shift, you will be able to run **** 2 without any problem.

This ain't ****, man. It has FIA GT license and awesome set of tracks. They've upgraded the handling physics and it's like GTR2. SHIFT might be ****, but 2 is not.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

I think vamsi missed 'f'. the trailer looked amazing and I am gonna buy this one when it is out. most probably, the first game that I would play after losing bachelorhood :)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

This ain't ****, man. It has FIA GT license and awesome set of tracks. They've upgraded the handling physics and it's like GTR2. SHIFT might be ****, but 2 is not.

Jesus. Chill man. Typo fail. It even happened yesterday elsewhere.

Shift is gold. Loved the game.

gameranand

Living to Play
Shift 2 is also including some future cars which are not yet released in the market. Mainly from Pagani. I saw trailers of night races and I think they are very good. I also loved shift in fact this was only simulation game that I liked.

Top Bottom