Need For Speed Series can possibly be ShutDown - EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
*media.1up.com/media?id=3660209&type=lg
Not more than a month after the release of Need For Speed: Undercover, the Electric Playground is reporting that Electronic Arts may be cutting the franchise entirely. The videogame web show claims that future titles in the series have been canceled. EA director of communications Colin Macrae provided Electric Playground with the following comment:
"We're working through a process on people, products, and facilities at EA and don't have any announcements today."​
Undercover, the most recent entry in the long-running franchise, was received fairly well but didn't crack the top 20 in the NPD sales charts for the month of November. Earlier in the year, EA CEO John Riccitiello had spoken of plans to split the Need for Speed development team into two groups, allowing for a 24-month cycle for creating each game rather than the 12 months cycle that he said "torture[d] a very talented group of people." If this report is true, I'm disappointed that we'll never get the chance to see what could have come from giving this series a much-needed boost in development time to try out new ideas. And unless the publisher already has new plans for the creators of Need For Speed, we could be seeing further layoffs from EA soon, as has been previously predicted. We'll keep checking for official confirmation and word from EA on what's happening to the Need for Speed franchise and why.

*www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171828

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
for me its ug2 , mw was top notch...

i am still amazing why they want to close thier popular series ??

b4 uc got released thier programming chief said that the team has been split into two and working on a 12 months scale... , i think that was the WORST EVER idea...

create 1 GAME PERFECTLY ....

why to flood the market with unfinished , bug ridden game ??

i think they should fire the guy who is currently head of NFS series and bring in some one who is competent....

Anther example why EA u sucks ... and also why monopoly fails...

anispace

dattebayo
idiots EA. Why shutdown the series entirely? Instead release some good games every 2-3 yrs just like Rockstar does with the GTA series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom