Need For Speed - Pro Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
@sandy bhai: No it will not run...I mean, if you turn everything off, you might be able to get it to run at some 5-6 fps but its not worth playing at all...I have a comparable config with a faster CPU...doesn't run on my laptop at all...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
PC:
1UP: 8.0

PS2:
Gamespot: 6.5

PS3:
1UP: 8.5
IGN: 6.8
Game Informer: 7
Yahoo Games: 4.5/5

Wii:
Gamespot: 6.5

Xbox360:
TeamXBOX: 9 (Editor's Choice)
1UP: 8.5
Gamespot: 7.0
IGN: 6.8
Yahoo Games: 4.5/5

And while Yahoo says "EA completely overhauled the Need for Speed franchise to create what is arguably the best game in the series", GameSpot on the other hands thinks "What it all boils down to is that without the story, cop chases, and open world of the last two Need for Speed games, ProStreet is just another racing game".

Two completely different ways to look at the NFS series and thus completely different scores.

www.nfsunlimited.net

==========================
Re: ProStreet: First Reviews

by Python_S on Fri 16 Nov, 2007 2:30 pm

I had the chance to play it intensely in the last 2 days and it's gets better as you advance. Firstly i was disappointed by the cartoonish look,the same visual customization limitations, lame dyno (i was hopping for a one like in U2), annoying commentator and weird music... I said EA did it again... But than as i advanced got some serious mods on my car, turned off speech and world lighting or something to eliminate that cartoonish look the game started becoming really interesting.
Driving my 800hp Supra on the track with all assists off is a pleasure both by feel and sound you really need to concentrate to keep the RWD monster on the tarmac is very challenging not to talk about dragracing which offers the best feel yet. And doing a wheelie and coming back on the ground with your hood camera is really scary
Of course it lacks replays , proper dyno, more dynamic visual customization but EA tried to bring good things into this title and partially succeeded.
As far as i played i would give it a 8.
source

Last edited:

faraaz

Evil Genius
Well, to be honest, IGN & Gamespot are the only ones in that list who know what they are talking about. Yahoo Games?? Seriously dude...you had to search a lot to find a site giving high scores, didnt you?? And considering the kind of scores IGN & Gamespot hand out all the time, anything below a 8.0 is horribly bad...

nvidia

-----ATi-----
The_Devil_Himself said:
well carbon was bad and this seems to be worse.I am happy with my MW,Here I come my fully upgraded Fiat punto!!
Youre right.
NFS MW is the best NFS game released so far...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The_Devil_Himself said:
well carbon was bad and this seems to be worse.I am happy with my MW,Here I come my fully upgraded Fiat punto!!
a punto to drive in MW ???
U didnt like any other cars ?:confused:

Gamer rankings gave 73% to NFS PS

Its a really low score compared to Most Wanted.

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
man have you ever tried driving a fully upgraded punto in MW?Its very cool it feels like you're floating in air as soon as you reach a speed close to 150mph.The feel is amazing.Its fun.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The_Devil_Himself said:
man have you ever tried driving a fully upgraded punto in MW?Its very cool it feels like you're floating in air as soon as you reach a speed close to 150mph.The feel is amazing.Its fun.
Hav you tried dodge SRT fully upgraded. Lambo Gallardo fully upgraded. SLR fully upgraded. EVO fully upgraded. BMW M3 fully upgraded(no it cant be ugraded). Camaro SS;)

I hav tried them all. I suggest u to try them as the game was meant to play with them as you advance in game.:D:D:D

Btw my top speed was about 191MPH with lambo Gallardo

xbonez

NP : Crysis
my fave car in MW and carbon was the murcielago. rock solid stability. sticks to the road, and instant acceleration...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
@T159:dude I have completed that game a million times and I have had all the cars you mentioned but I just can't the feel of floating in any of the cars you mentioned(they are very stable).So its more like personal favourite..the name is cool too punto!!.lolzz.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The_Devil_Himself said:
@T159:dude I have completed that game a million times and I have had all the cars you mentioned but I just can't the feel of floating in any of the cars you mentioned(they are very stable).So its more like personal favourite..the name is cool too punto!!.lolzz.
k i will try this one when i install MW again:)

And Dodge SRT was the twitchiest car in MW. Handling was bad until u drives it like a badass driver.

Gallardo was the most stable car in MW.

faraaz

Evil Genius
My favourite car(s) in MW were all the Porsches...Carrera GT was just insane at top end, and the 911 Turbo etc were good too...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
faraaz said:
My favourite car(s) in MW were all the Porsches...Carrera GT was just insane at top end, and the 911 Turbo etc were good too...

I liked Caymen, it was fun esacping thorugh the tiniest spaces from the barricades:)

But for kicking cops a** (those SUVs) SLR was just the right choice to fly'em to elysian fields.

xbonez

Just finished Pro Street Demo and wrote a short review to it. do take some time read it.

Well, I finally finished the NFS Pro Street Demo Version. Yeah I know it is a bit late considering that the full version has been released a couple of days back, but anyways… The first thing that comes to mind is that the demo is rather short, but with the full version out already, I won’t slam them for that. As for the gameplay, it isn’t all that bad as some review sites have bashed it.

read rest of the review HERE

xbonez

actually, the demo wasn't all that bad (i'm still to play the full ver.). some people said that PS really sucks, redefines crappiness etc. but it was good on the whole

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Dloaded the demo last night , I am playing @1400x900 res .... and well I am kinda likking it .... looking forward to buy the whole version :D

*img61.imageshack.us/img61/8437/zomigawdcx5.th.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom