Need expert advise for selecting cabinet for my configuration

djrocky

Broken In
Need to purchase a new cabinet

Reason: The current cabinet didn't worked very well last summer and the cheap exhaust fan is creating lot of noise these days.
The current cabinet doesn't support 120mm fan, air flow is not so good, there is only front usb 2.0 working other has stopped working.

My System Configuration:
M/B : Intel DH67CL-B3
Processor: Intel i5 2400
RAM : Corsair 4GB 1333MHZ x 1 ( 1 more 4 GB to be ordered soon)
SMPS : Corsair CX 500 v2
GPU : ATI Radeon HD 5450
HDD : Sata - Seagate 250 GB and WD 320 GB
DVD Writer : HP 24X

Some of the points worth noting:
  1. The system runs 12 hours max at a stretch.
  2. Corsair CX500 v2 has a fan which faces inside the cabinet.
  3. Front USB ports preferred especially USB 3.0 as the back of the cabinet is not accessible easily without pulling out the cabinet.
    I have one usb 3.0 pen drive and bigger portable 1 TB 3.0 drive would be purchased soon.
  4. Cabinet which doesn't accumulate dust is preferred.
    On the other hand, in summer many times the system is operated without AC so cabinet shouldn't get too hot.
  5. I do not have interest and time for highly graphic intensive games so graphics card is not going to be upgraded at least next 7-8 months.
    Even if it is upgraded, then also it wouldn't be very high end.
  6. It would be good if the cabinet is of reasonable size and weight to carry easily.
  7. I do not mind online purchase.

Budget: Under Rs. 3000/-

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
best bet would be CM Elite 311.

but, i myself am planning for a cabby upgrade within 3K. so i'll be sharing views too. hope you dont mind :)

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
best bet would be CM Elite 311.

but, i myself am planning for a cabby upgrade within 3K. so i'll be sharing views too. hope you dont mind :)

Thanks @anirbandd are you suggesting this model
Coolermaster RC-311P-TWN2 Elite 311 Plus

Also, I heard about this NZXT model, how is this ?
NZXT Source 210 Elite Mid Tower Cabinet

Experts, please suggest some good cabinets.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
this one: Elite 311 - Cooler Master

it does not have front USB 3 and transparent sides, but its not a problem for me.

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
Where are you located?
If you are in Mumbai, go to Prime, and if you are in Kolkata, go to MD computers.
I am located in West Delhi.

NZXT is not heard anywhere in my area. Though CM ones can be purchased here.

I think many online sites will also charge shipping charges.

Also, I noticed that CM Elite 311 plus has 4 USB ports including 1 3.0 than CM Elite 311 (only 2 usb 2.0 ports). Also Elite plus, has both front and rear fan whereas Elite 311 has only rear fan. Rest mostly similar.

CM K380 has only 1 front fan and 2 usb ports including one usb 3.0, so I will need to purchase additional fan.

Which one is the best choice?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
that USB 3 port is useful only if you have USB3 connector extension on your mobo, which Intel DH67CL-B3 does not have.

and if you want extra cooling you can always go for a pack of CoolerMaster 4x120mm fans from flipkart @Rs.750

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I am located in West Delhi.

NZXT is not heard anywhere in my area. Though CM ones can be purchased here.

I think many online sites will also charge shipping charges.

Also, I noticed that CM Elite 311 plus has 4 USB ports including 1 3.0 than CM Elite 311 (only 2 usb 2.0 ports). Also Elite plus, has both front and rear fan whereas Elite 311 has only rear fan. Rest mostly similar.

CM K380 has only 1 front fan and 2 usb ports including one usb 3.0, so I will need to purchase additional fan.

Which one is the best choice?

Then get Bitfenix Outlaw or Merc Alpha from flipkart.

Broken In
@djrocky

There are 3 USB 3.0 cabinets being discussed in this thread.

1. CM Elite 311 Plus USB 3.0 - Good for you

Because it comes with a USB 3.0 routing cable (like USB 3.0 extension cable) - not a header. You motherboard does not have USB 3.0 header. So, you can insert the other end of the cabinet USB 3.0 port on the rear port of your motherboard.
*hardwarebbq.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/cmquickfirered/7d0917a09714_1057D/IMG_3906.jpg

2. NZXT Source 210 - You can not use front USB 3.0 ports because it has USB 3.0 header and your motherboard does not have internal header.

3. CM K380 - You can not use front USB 3.0 ports because it has USB 3.0 header and your motherboard does not have internal header.

*media.bestofmicro.com/J/T/337673/original/nzxt_phantom-410_cables.jpg
*www.silverstonetek.com/images/products/cp09/cp09-02.jpg

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
that USB 3 port is useful only if you have USB3 connector extension on your mobo, which Intel DH67CL-B3 does not have.

and if you want extra cooling you can always go for a pack of CoolerMaster 4x120mm fans from flipkart @Rs.750
Gosh !! Never knew about this. I could have been wasted money buying incorrect cabinet.

Then get Bitfenix Outlaw or Merc Alpha from flipkart.
I think flipkart has stopped selling cabinets. Out of 15 items listed, 14 are out of stock.

@djrocky

There are 3 USB 3.0 cabinets being discussed in this thread.

1. CM Elite 311 Plus USB 3.0 - Good for you

Because it comes with a USB 3.0 routing cable (like USB 3.0 extension cable) - not a header. You motherboard does not have USB 3.0 header. So, you can insert the other end of the cabinet USB 3.0 port on the rear port of your motherboard.
*hardwarebbq.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/cmquickfirered/7d0917a09714_1057D/IMG_3906.jpg

2. NZXT Source 210 - You can not use front USB 3.0 ports because it has USB 3.0 header and your motherboard does not have internal header.

3. CM K380 - You can not use front USB 3.0 ports because it has USB 3.0 header and your motherboard does not have internal header.

*media.bestofmicro.com/J/T/337673/original/nzxt_phantom-410_cables.jpg
*www.silverstonetek.com/images/products/cp09/cp09-02.jpg

Thanks Really, if that's the case, then CM Elite 311 Plus seems to be best bet and it seems to fit my budget as well.
Need to check the shipping cost if I order online.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i'd rather move my a$$ and insert the USB 3 device at the back than wasting 1K extra on getting a USB extension cable with the cabby. that 1K saved would get me the 120mm fan pack mentioned above.

and FYI, a plain USB extension cable@Rs50 will work just as fine as the one included in the 311Plus.

Broken In
and FYI, a plain USB extension cable@Rs50 will work just as fine as the one included in the 311Plus.

Are you sure a USB 2.0 extension cable can be used as USB 3.0 extension cable ?

Will a USB 2.0 cable work at USB 3.0 speed? - Yahoo! Answers

OP can buy this cable:

*www.ebay.com/itm/1-7-FT-0-5M-Super...Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item1c2d9b3f12#shId

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
yes. i have used a USB 2 cable on a friend's USB 3 HD. gave sppeds @ 50-60MBps minimum. only catch is that the cable lenght has to be short enough.

Top Bottom