Need CPU Heatsink for Intel i5 2500K

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
@Sudip
Can you let me know how did you overclock and which is the best software to monitor temps. I had hardware monitor and SPEED FAN. Let me know if any more required.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for temp/volt monitoring nothing is better than hwinfo ;-)
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's available at 4k now ;-)

Theitdepot - Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU Cooler ( our forum member MegaMind has found this - thanks to him )

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Woah...I didn't know SB can easily go upto the 5 GHz mark...I could only manage 4.2 on mine..Maybe it's time for an upgrade :p
Nice work btw..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the rig you already have is good enough but if you want to get a SB rig and push to 5 Ghz mark you better change the CPU cooler - with Hyper 212+ you would be able to hit ~4.2/4.5 Ghz easily though ;-)

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Top I am currently at 4.3 ghz. Previously i was using cm600 I tried extreme clocking through Asus suite 2 but 4.67 the system was unstable. I was only using one fan of SA at that time Now all upgraded. Can i push to atleast 4.6ghz. Also i was wondering currently my cpu is keep on fluctuating from 1.6gh to straight 4.3 ghz Does it affect anything for long run. Keeps on fluctuating when requires power but constant when hard calculation are there . Idle its 1.6. Cant it be 3.3 to 4.3 this fluctuation is good though just 1ghz jump instead 3ghz jump.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you can keep the load temp under 70c then you can push it to 4.6 Ghz and regarding the speed fluctuation it's the effect of cpu power saving features - when there's less processing power needed the cpu just reduce the clock speed and core voltage - this is perfectly safe and it's actually good for the cpu ;-)

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Top I am currently at 4.3 ghz. Previously i was using cm600 I tried extreme clocking through Asus suite 2 but 4.67 the system was unstable. I was only using one fan of SA at that time Now all upgraded. Can i push to atleast 4.6ghz. Also i was wondering currently my cpu is keep on fluctuating from 1.6gh to straight 4.3 ghz Does it affect anything for long run. Keeps on fluctuating when requires power but constant when hard calculation are there . Idle its 1.6. Cant it be 3.3 to 4.3 this fluctuation is good though just 1ghz jump instead 3ghz jump.

increases u r processor life decreases power consumption is called the intel speed-step technology

Top Bottom