Need comments on proposed first half of the 100K build

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Umm, they have no idea. Just hope that they don't increase the price at the time of restocking. You may take the screenshot of present price, ans can produce it if they increase the price & argue a bit. :p

acewin

Point Blanc
:p

And they didn't even notice it when i asked them about it ?? :lol:

it may be that they got in good deal through some a dealer and the supplier be different for HX650. I do not know their marketing tactics and where they buy from. But it certainly is more on where can they get a product in lower rates. It can also be at the demand is less and they were not able to sell them so thought of decreasing the price. As I said do not know their Maths !!!

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
it may be that they got in good deal through some a dealer and the supplier be different for HX650. I do not know their marketing tactics and where they buy from. But it certainly is more on where can they get a product in lower rates. It can also be at the demand is less and they were not able to sell them so thought of decreasing the price. As I said do not know their Maths !!!

You may be right..
It is not likely that they made a mistake in publishing the price IMO..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ price if flipakart is determined by automated software (program module) and that's why it varies automatically, almost everyday.
So, basically, pricing mistake isn't their own fault.

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
^^ price if flipakart is determined by automated software (program module) and that's why it varies automatically, almost everyday.
So, basically, pricing mistake isn't their own fault.

What does the software refer,to calculate the prices?

Flipkart has increased the price of the P8Z77-V Pro motherboard. It is now over 18k :shock:
If i pay 1k more, i can get a Sabertooth :|

This is what happens if you spend 2-3 months for research..

I have exams in the first week of October. After that, i am just gonna order everything and put them together :cool:

Always had the Sabertooth in the back side corner of my mind..Now i am gonna give it a serious thought :)

And I have almost made up my mind on the Corsair AX750 PSU.

Cooler-still there are a lot of options..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Seriously, don't buy from flipkart. Most of the products are highly overpriced there.
Look in SMC international, primeabgb, itwares, deltapage.
Try to avoid itdepot as their products are also mostly overpriced.

And I have almost made up my mind on the Corsair AX750 PSU.

Almost no difference between HX750 & AX750 in terms of efficiency. Same thing goes for HX850 & AX850. Both are 80+ gold certified. The only difference being partially & fully modular.
Does it really matter to you? I mean you are prepared to spend the extra money only for some modular cables?

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
Seriously, don't buy from flipkart. Most of the products are highly overpriced there.
Look in SMC international, primeabgb, itwares, deltapage.
Try to avoid itdepot as their products are also mostly overpriced.

Almost no difference between HX750 & AX750 in terms of efficiency. Same thing goes for HX850 & AX850. Both are 80+ gold certified. The only difference being partially & fully modular.
Does it really matter to you? I mean you are prepared to spend the extra money only for some modular cables?

I just trust Flipkart. When i am spending this much money, i just have some peace of mind if i buy from Flipkart.
But there is still a couple of weeks time. I may make up my mind on one of the stores you mentioned.

HX750 is Silver, not Gold. And there is not much price difference anyway.

Hey folks, Sabertooth had 5 year warranty right?
Just last week when i was checking it out, it had a 5 year warranty. But now it just has a 3 year warranty. What is happening ?? :shock:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
HX750 is Silver, not Gold. And there is not much price difference anyway.

Hey folks, Sabertooth had 5 year warranty right?
Just last week when i was checking it out, it had a 5 year warranty. But now it just has a 3 year warranty. What is happening ?? :shock:

Ecova Plug Load Solutions
Look for:
CMPSU-750HX (HX 750)
CMPSU-850HX (HX 850)
CMPSU-750AX (AX 750)
CMPSU-850AX (AX 850)

All are gold.
HX750 & HX850 is being marketed by Corsair as 80+ silver when they are 80+ Gold. Why? Initially, to promote AX750 & AX850.
Look in the corsair website now. They have changed the effeciency of HX750 & HX850 to 80+ gold. Why? Because, AX series have gained its own market for being fully modular.

And, Sabertooth boards still have 5 years of warranty.

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
Ecova Plug Load Solutions
Look for:
CMPSU-750HX (HX 750)
CMPSU-850HX (HX 850)
CMPSU-750AX (AX 750)
CMPSU-850AX (AX 850)

All are gold.
HX750 & HX850 is being marketed by Corsair as 80+ silver when they are 80+ Gold. Why? Initially, to promote AX750 & AX850.
Look in the corsair website now. They have changed the effeciency of HX750 & HX850 to 80+ gold. Why? Because, AX series have gained its own market for being fully modular.

And, Sabertooth boards still have 5 years of warranty.

Professional Series

Their website still says it is Silver.
Anyways there isn't much price difference. So why not AX eh?

And please help me with the Sabertooth. When i was thinking of the V Pro, Sabertooth used to cost almost 2.5k more. But now ( atleast in Flipkart ) it costs just about 1k more. I really like it's looks. But the main reason i would consider going for the Sabertooth is the 5 year warranty it provides. But now, i cant find anyone offering the 5 year warranty. Flipkart replied that the warranty is provided by the manufacturer and Sabertooth has just 3 year warranty at this point of time. So why did Asus change the warranty anyway? The Asus India site says that Sabertooth has a 5 year warranty, but it depends on the region.
What does that mean? Should i contact Asus?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Sabertooth reliability & its 5 year warranty is worth spending extra money in it.
And, about the 80+ certification, the website link I've used is the official 80+ website. If you think that price difference isn't there, then buy AX series. Best investment.

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Check it out.
You keep saying that Sabertooth has 5 year warranty,which was true just until a week ago.
But i visit Flipkart yesterday, and BAM!! Warranty is 3 years :shock:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Check it out.
You keep saying that Sabertooth has 5 year warranty,which was true just until a week ago.
But i visit Flipkart yesterday, and BAM!! Warranty is 3 years :shock:

Their mistake. Call Asus India helpline & inquire about the warranty period.

for Cooler NH-D14 for silence
H80 for space saving
H100 for ultimate cooling

lol

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
for Cooler NH-D14 for silence
H80 for space saving
H100 for ultimate cooling

I was actually thinking of H60. And replacing the stock fan,if it is loud.
Is that good enough?

Their mistake. Call Asus India helpline & inquire about the warranty period.

'We are closed for the day.Our service time is from 9 to 6'
Asus helpline says this. No 24 hour,or atleast 12 hour service??!
Come on Asus :-x

OP
CentaurDream

CentaurDream

Broken In
These are the components i have finalized so far-

CPU- Intel i7 3770K
RAM- G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Case- NZXT Phantom 410 SE
SSD- Crucial M4 256 GB
PSU- Corsair AX750

Now these are the ones i am confused about-

Motherboard-

Asus Z77 Sabertooth -
Great looks, dust protection, 5 year warranty(looks like just 3 years now?)

Asus P8Z77-V Pro-
WiFi, Bluetooth, More power phases, slightly less expensive

Now if the Sabertooth comes with just 3 years warranty, it makes the V Pro more appealing.
If it comes with a 5 year warranty, then it is a different story.
Asus guy said that they will reply back soon. Fingers crossed..
Can i add a PCI Bluetooth card,if i go for the Sabertooth? Can i access the PC using my Phone by Bluetooth?

Cooler-
Is a Corsair H60 sufficient for a 4GHz overclock?
Will it be necessary to replace it's stock fan to achieve silence?

Top Bottom