Need career advice, what to do after 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm 21 and have passed only 10th and due to some personal problems I will not finish 12th, so please do not recommend finishing 12th. However, I have an interest in computers, especially linux, and wondering what job-oriented courses I'm eligible for after 10th that will actually have some value in the real world.

My interests are:
Linux, Gnome, Red Hat
Have self-learnt HTML, CSS.
I like practical stuff, but not interested in theoretical stuff like computer science, etc.
Also considering learning networking
I have an interest in graphics, etc but I'm not very artistic
I have an interest in stuff like video editing and wish I could learn working with film editing, but not sure if there's any scope

So I'm looking for courses that will have value even though I've not studied after 10th, and want to know what I'm eligible for. Am I eligible for RHCSA/RHCE, etc? ANd will it even have any value considering I've done just 10th? I wnat to go for whatever has the best scope, salary, and job satisfaction. Thanks for any advice.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Even though im younger than you but have you ever thought of website designing ? Its an excellent career path since you already know the basics of HTML and CSS.. It could be quite tedious but it certainly is much more interesting than going into programming..
Good luck to whatever path you take, but I would strongly recommend web designing

Kirtu Jindal

Broken In
@DisappearingOak,

Hope you come back and read the thread again - Nerevarine has posted some really good advice.

However, tough though it may be, I will really advice you to complete your formal education - even if its is spread over many years. If you have to take the employment route - most companies have some minimum education requirements - you will need those degrees even if you think (justifiably) they are practically useless. Plus, completing your degrees even in face of adversity will give you a big dose of self-confidence, plus your prospective employers/clients will know to respect you for your tenacity.

Good luck, man!

OP
D

DisappearingOak

Broken In
Thanks for your replies. By the way, which institute would you recommend for web development course (I reside in Kolkata).??
Also, please tell me which institutes to go for if I want to learn programming with open source languages. I've not yet made up my mind about what I should go for.
I also wanted to ask.. I was reading articles about highest paying certifications, and RHCE, CCNA, MCSE were listed among the top earning certifications. I had enquired in Jetking Infotrain and they have an hardware and networking course which covers a few of these certficates listed in top 10... but when I looked at the salary online, their JHNCP have a starting salary of only 9k. Does that salary increase greatly over time? Because that doesn't sound like a high paying salary. Also, is that course good if I want to go for systems administratyion and is their scope in it? Thanks for your answers.

OP
D

DisappearingOak

Broken In
You have completed 10th so why don't you do diploma in computer science later this might fetch you some good job

I have health problems (clinical depression, etc) and am not willing to invest three years in a diploma programme. So want to go in for something thats one to one and a half years max.

tkin

Back to school!!
I have health problems (clinical depression, etc) and am not willing to invest three years in a diploma programme. So want to go in for something thats one to one and a half years max.
I can't even begin to think how tough it has been for you.
Have you ever considered doing professional photography, and opening a studio(video editing comes into play here)? Website designing however is by far your best and easiest choice, I can show you where to start after you had acquired some skills(HTML/CSS down, now learn php, and database management and you can design websites for start):
Freelancer.com - Hire Freelancers & Find Freelance Jobs Online
Freelancer.in - Hire Freelancers & Find Freelance Jobs Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom