Need BIKE Recommendation

ashs1

Padawan
thanks a lot, for your valuable suggestions, ash1. :)

Do you think Suzuki Gixxer will be that much awesome? Can you tell me more.abt it?

yeah, i think Gixxer will be a game changer..
More info on Gixxer150 here : *www.autocarindia.com/auto-reviews/new-suzuki-gixxer-first-look-review-372573,0.aspx
:)

ashs1

Padawan
Ash1, any idea on Fazer and FZ R, dude?

There is a newer model of FZ on the line from yamaha..It is expected to be releasing around july-august..
the FZ update is expected to have a new 170cc 17PS carburetted motor which is essentially a bored out version of the old 153cc engine.

There are some changes in the styling department too :
Kick-starter will not be present..Exhaust is more stylish...split seats and split grab rails are introduced..& other minor changes.

The price will be slightly higher than the current price of FZ.

FZ-S concept at India auto expo :
*www.indiancarsbikes.in/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Yamaha-FZ-S-Auto-Expo-2014.gif

ashs1

Padawan
if there's some problem with the electronic ignition, i guess, the only option with the user is to call for servicing..

But, the electronic ignition are built for rough usage..the chances of these electronic ignitions going kaput are extremely extremely low..They normally don't give much problems..

Even Pulsar 220/200ns/r15/cbr250 don't have kick starters

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
not a good idea IMO.

kick starters are fail safes.

moreover, its a good practice to start the engine by kick starting when starting it for the first time of the day. i follow it.

ashs1

Padawan
Guys, mileage wise which one is best? Pulsar 150 & 180?

the pulsar 150 will surely give you much better mileage than 180..but, the difference won't be very vast..for e.g. If pulsar 150 gives you around 55 kmpl, you can expect the P180 to deliver around 45 kmpl. :)

ssb1551

Technomancer
Not to hijack OP's thread but I do have a query and I don't wanna start a new thread for it. Will it be better to wait for the launch of Gixxer or the new line of FZ than to buy FZS now?

ashs1

Padawan
my personal opinion would be to wait it out if possible..The 150-200cc bike market hasn't seen many new models in 2013.. Gixxer & the new FZ sounds promising...
The current FZS is a good choice, but since the launch is almost here, it would be wiser to wait. :)
& not to forget, Bajaj WILL BE releasing a new Discover150F.
The F stands for faired ( probably) ..In terms of looks, it will be similar to the current Pulsar220 & pricing will be slightly higher than the Discover125ST..& ofcourse, mileage will be good too, just like the discover series. :)

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^ Thanks for opinion. I'll wait. I never really liked the looks of Discover series, but if its gonna look like 220 then it'll be worth the wait!! Thanks again buddy!!

ashs1

Padawan
I was also about to buy FZS but now I will wait. When new line of FZS is expected to come?

There is no given timeline as to when the bike will be launched. However, most sites ( with trusted sources ) suggest that the new FZ will be launched either towards the end of May or sometime during June.
I think we can assume that it should be launched within 2 months ( atmost ) ! :)

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Will the launch of new FZS push the cost of current gen down?? Hope it does. FZS is 88k in B'lore!!

Top Bottom