need android phone [budget 25k]

skyend

Right off the assembly line
First of all, hello guys, I am a new member here :)
so i have been looking all around for an android phone suiting my needs...

1. I do a LOT of messaging so i want a phone that doesnt lag accessing sms's on the phone...
I am tempted by brilliant designs provided by SE (xperia series) but sadly, all of them have a lowly 320 MB internal memory available..
the RAM is 512 MB but again, the available space is mediocre

2. i click pics very often...so an 8 MP snapper would be preferred, but i might settle for a 5MP if other specs are promising

3. i do indulge in gaming...the phone should be able to play hd games without lagging

4. minimal Internet usage..i will be browsing the web just occasionally..not regularly

So what phone should i go for ? Should i wait for sometime so that more mid range droids are available in the market ?

Krow

Crowman
Nokia Lumia 800. Used it the other day. I cane away impressed. Windows Phone is an excellent OS.

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
^^ he needs an android phone. Go for Samsung Galaxy S II.
1. It has a good messaging interface and a 4.3' screen for convienient typing through its virtual keyboard.
2. 8MP camera. 1080p recording
3. HD 4.3' AMOLED screen on which one can enjoy games
4. Browsing is just fine with the android internet app.

But, a better choice would be to wait for xperia p and xperia s because you can enjoy playstation gaming in these mobiles if you like gaming.

Last edited:
OP
S

skyend

Right off the assembly line
Nokia Lumia 800. Used it the other day. I cane away impressed. Windows Phone is an excellent OS.
It is an excellent OS but its relatively new as compared to the likes of android/iOS which are well established...
the main reason i'm counting nokia/windows phone out is the lack of applications and developer support.

^^ he needs an android phone. Go for Samsung Galaxy S II.
1. It has a good messaging interface and a 4.3' screen for convienient typing through its virtual keyboard.
2. 8MP camera. 1080p recording
3. HD 4.3' AMOLED screen on which one can enjoy games
4. Browsing is just fine with the android internet app.

But, a better choice would be to wait for xperia p and xperia s because you can enjoy playstation gaming in these mobiles if you like gaming.
yes, i think SGS-2 is the right choice..but i have a strict budget of 25k..and the price of sgs2 it not less than 29k

wait 15-20 days more IMO
what are the opportunities ? htc one S seems good..but i fear its gonna be overpriced
Galaxy S Advance also seems nice but dunno when its gonna land here :mrgreen:

Krow

Crowman
Try the Lumia 800 once and you'll understand what I'm saying. It is the phone to buy if you can't get Galaxy S2. Developer support is improving all the time. Any particular apps you find are missing in WP?

clmlbx

Technomancer
what are the opportunities ? htc one S seems good..but i fear its gonna be overpriced
Galaxy S Advance also seems nice but dunno when its gonna land here :mrgreen:

may be new arrivals will be over priced- out of budget but it will sure affect current phone prices. Prices will Drop so may be then you can buy S2 or any other phone

Plus Sony's new mid range arrivals will be worth looking of

aroraanant

Explorer
Hmmmmm....
Thats true bro...
But still love the apps and games of android which windows lacks.
The simple and nice UI of windows seriously rocks

Krow

Crowman
Lumia 800 is a brilliant phone, but SGS 2 is better. I'd pick the Lumia if I already had an Android phone. If not, SGS II.

SahilAr

In the zone
sorry for using the thread,here i found a lot of a lot of options like:samsung galaxy s2,htc sensation,htc incredible nokia lumia 800,htc evo 3d..
but only one vote for sony Ericsson xperia p?
Any reviews how is this phone?Is it in the budget of 20-26k?
If yes,should i go ahead and buy it?

aroraanant

Explorer
Xperia P has not arrived yet, so we can only comment on it after it arrives.
Even One S should cost around 28k which will be best option and is going to give a touch competition to Xperia S

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't know when will Sony stop using the abandoned processors in their smartphones. This way they are scoring more profit. This time if they don't price Xperia S properly, Quad Core mobiles will surely eat into their profit. Most peoples will go blindly for One X or S3 and whatever is released if they can find it within budget.

Even One V should cost around 28k which will be best option and is going to give a touch competition to Xperia S

correct this. One S.

Top Bottom