Need an urgent graphics card under 5k

Outlander

Broken In
like I said before just get a HD6670.

But others are saying anything above 5450 or 6450 will be bottlenecked by the processor. :confused: I'd really like to get the 6670, but what's the point if I'm not able to use it to its full capacity? Is there any reason you're insisting on it?

tkin

Back to school!!
But others are saying anything above 5450 or 6450 will be bottlenecked by the processor. :confused: I'd really like to get the 6670, but what's the point if I'm not able to use it to its full capacity? Is there any reason you're insisting on it?
I think your system can handle a 6670, but I doubt if your pentium can handle the games, likely your CPU would give up long before that, check recent games, most don't even support anything lower that Core 2 Duos(they will still run btw)

Myth

Cyborg Agent
gts450 is overkill. 6670 might work.
Another option is to OC the proc and use the gts450. Read somewhere it can be OCed to 4ghz.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I don't think the Processor will work. Currently most games come with a minimum requirement of Dual Core Processors like Athlon X2 5600+ or Intel C2D 2 GHz+ models. A single Core Pentium 4 is not suitable for handling the new generation games. So I hardly doubt even adding a GPU , how much improvement OP can get from this rig.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
You are probably right. Pointless spending on the gpu at this point.
Best for OP to push this as far as it can last and then get a new rig altogether. Or just take the 2nd option now.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I'm adding screenshots of CPU ID. So which graphics card best suits my system, which won't be bottlenecked by the processor?

You processor won't be able to handle HD6670 or even GTS540 or anything equivalent.
My suggestion is to be happy with your current system until you decide to build a new system.

Cilus

laborare est orare
What you can do is to get a 2nd hand Core2Duo or if possible Core2Quad CPU. Currently 2nd hand basic models of C2Q CPUs like Q8300 or Q6600 are available around 3K to 6K range in ebay, try to get one of 'em before upgrading the GPU.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doubling the budget means 10K. How can you get a gaming Pc for that much?

by balanced I meant this :

1. Intel G530 Dual Core @ ~2.275k
Intel Celeron G530 Sandy Bridge 2.4GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80623G530
and before everyone shout at this it's actually better than some more pricey cpus:
Best Processors February - 2013
Intel Celeron G540 and Celeron G440 Processors Review. Page 6 - X-bit labs
2. Asrock H61 @ 2.675k
ASRock H61M-PS2 Micro-ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
3. Corsair 2 GB DDR3 ram @ 0.85k

now you are left with 4.2k with which you can get either a HD6570/HD6670 DDr3 gfx card.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ This config would get very slow too accommodate next gen graphics cards, may be after another 2 years.

Top Bottom