Need an External dvd-writer

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by arsenalfan001, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001 Arsenal Fan

The dvd-writer of my laptop has given up on me. And I am looking for an external dvd-writer. But I dont have much of an idea about the external dvd-writers. Please help me choosing one and tell me a good shop in Pune for the same. thank you

2. nns

nns New Member

You can try the shops at the end of East Street near Burger King

3. desiibond

desiibond Bond, Desi Bond!

my friend bought Buffalo dvd station external writer for some 3.5k and it was pretty good.

4. acewin

acewin Point Blanc

if you are thinking of bulky external burner better go for casing + a good burner. I have been using my external burner same way its good deal and will cost you less than 2K with best burn speeds @16x upto 22x. will need external power adapter which will come with casing. Any branded external burner using power adaptor will also cost more than 3.5K.

If not you are thinking of slim burners you can get LG/Sony slim burners which go with 8x burn speed. LG costs somewhere 3.5K and Sony somewhere 4.5K. running on using USB power

Also I had seen LG external burners which need a power adapter in Croma in @2K. Havent checked recently in Croma, but it was the best deal you can think for branded external burners

5. OP
    OP
    arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001 Arsenal Fan

thanks to all of you. and special thanks for acewin for clearing things for me. LG external burner seem to me a good option.

thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.