Need advice on Mobo selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojha_riddhish

Broken In
Dear friends,
I apologize for my last post as it was not clear and misleading to what I required. Now, I have made up my mind on getting a Intel Core i3-530 based machine, but I'm confused on the motherboard to be selected. Hopefully you'll again help me on this issue. I don't know about their performance v/s price graph and I need a mobo that is low on price without compromising performance. Please advise me if you have anything of your choice or you can help me select one of these:

MSI H55M-E33
H55M-P31
H55M-GD65
Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H
GA-P55-UD31
GA-H55M-UD2H
GA-H55M-USB3

Please help me select a good mobo. Thanks in advance!

Cilus

laborare est orare
+1 for Jaskanwar Singh.

Intel Core i3-530 is adual core processor and better performer than most of the AMD Athlon II Dual core or Phenom II Dual core processors. But the only negative point is price. At the price of it, you will get a Athlon II 630 X4 quad core processor, which expect for gaming is better performer than Core i3 530. Even the gaming advantage is just for now, because future games are getting multiprocessor optimized.

So get a Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz @ 4.9k and MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k combo. 785 motherboards have 128 MB DDR3 ATI HD 4200 Gfx card embedded, better than Intel's IGP.

OP
O

ojha_riddhish

Broken In
thanks guys, really appreciate that. I thought i3 had a decent graphics, that's why I was looking for a config based on that. Thanks for the enlightening responses.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

does Amd x4 630 support virtualization natively? Please correct me if even my question is wrong.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i3's graphics are super crap. it uses gma x4500. but 630 when combined with a 780g or 785g mobo which have hd3200 and hd4200 respectively will really be much much better than i3's.

yes, 630 supports virtualization natively.

630 has 4 real cores while i3 has 2 real + 2 hyperthreaded
ht cores our not as good as the real ones

if you into 3d rendering and all 630 is more good
if you game i3 will be better, also you can overclock it a lot
but given that games are also becoming multi threaded then it is obvious that 630 will be better in the long run.

so 630 is more better and futureproof. if you are looking at i3, then move to i5 750 or go AMD way if i5 750 is above your budget.

Last edited:
OP
O

ojha_riddhish

Broken In
thanks Jaskanwar Singh, Cilus, Sam.Shab, saurabh_1e, piyush120290 for all your advise. I'll definitely go with what you all have suggested. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom