Need advice for buying new Graphics card

Lord073

Journeyman
1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Corsair CX400W.

2. What is your budget?
Ans: ~10k.

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: 1600*900

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans: Please see my sig below.

My ZOTAC GTS 450 1GB GDDR5 gave up on me a couple of months back. So, now I require the best card my PSU can handle. (Within my budget, of course)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
7790 performs better/almost equally good compared to the other card at a lower price.

mantle, is almost dead.

none of the devs apart from a very few took it for development.

OP
Lord073

Lord073

Journeyman
7790 performs better/almost equally good compared to the other card at a lower price.

mantle, is almost dead.

none of the devs apart from a very few took it for development.
Ok, let's forget about mantle for now but won't the 1gb vram on the 7790 fall short in future games? How much extra would a 2gb version cost me?

deta

Broken In
Ok, for now but won't the 1gb vram on the 7790 fall short in future games? How much extra would a 2gb version cost me?
1GB more is enough for 1600X900 gaming,2GB or more vram is required to play at resolution higher than 1080p

Last edited:

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
If you wish to crank the settings to Very high, you may need more than 1gb else its' sufficient. Some games like Crysis 3, GTA IV, BF4 might use more Vram, but you can lower your details a bit.

PS : Someone deleting my posts ? I advise moderators to inform me before doing so. Thanks

OP
Lord073

Lord073

Journeyman
I usually aim for atleast 30+ fps while gaming. If that can be achieved at ultra settings in any particular game then I'd want to crank the settings all the way up, and if 1gb vram restricts me from doing so, then I'd rather go for 2gb. But for that I may have to increase my budget by ~2k which is gonna be a problem. What should I do? :-x

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I usually aim for atleast 30+ fps while gaming. If that can be achieved at ultra settings in any particular game then I'd want to crank the settings all the way up, and if 1gb vram restricts me from doing so, then I'd rather go for 2gb. But for that I may have to increase my budget by ~2k which is gonna be a problem. What should I do? :-x

get 650ti boost 2gb. worth the money spent.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
1600x900 requires at most 1GB ram on ultra. i am playing SplinterCellBlacklist on ultra. uses ~800MB at max.

i use the 7770

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
blackops2??

you sure? coz it sure didnt take up that much on mine..

anyway.. if the OP has the money, he is free to pick.

as it is, its logically better to get the 2gb for only some more money.

Top Bottom