Need Advice for buying New GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hi,
I have finally decided that I have to buy a New Graphic Card very early next month. I've sorted out some cards, they are - GTX 470, GTX 560 and GTX 570. I was checking the specs of the three cards and definitely GTX 570 beats other two, but GTX 470 seems better than GTX 560. These are the links from EVGA of the three cards, but I am confused with GTX 570's price, it's saying US$ 350, that means about Rs.16100+ 10%= 17,200 max, but all the stores are saying 21k! :shock:It's not the case with GTX 470, the price in US dollar is 260, which means (260*46)+10%= Near about 13.5K, and the stores are saying 14.2-14.7k, so it's absolutely fine.

GTX570,
EVGA | Products

GTX560,
EVGA | Products

GTX470,
EVGA | Products

For next 5-6 months I'll be using my old Monitor, so it's a Non-HD one.

Please advice me for which one should I go? Whatever it is, I am not gonna change in next 2-2½ years as I am very less interested in Graphic card stuff. :razz:

Thanks in advance.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Re: Need Advice's for buying New GPU

Go for a gtx 570 if you can. Its more future proof. Else decide between a radeon 6950 1gb or Gtx 560. Ditch the 470 cause 560 is better , is cooler and has lot more overclocking potential.

Wait for a week or two for gtx 560 prices to be transparent. If you don't want nvidia physx, then a 6950 1gb from sapphire is also a sensible buy.Check out asus gtx 560 directcu. Its a great model.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

yup yup 560 or 570 if you want nvidia. dont compromise on heat and power consumption.

but if you can get 570 why you looking low? great card it is.

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Thank ya all.
Nah I don't wanna spend 20-21K behind a GPU. I will think between GTX 560 and 6950, which one would be better? and I can't see a 1GB version of 6950! A MSI one, I won't go for Sapphire. and What would be the price of a 1GB 6970?
How much difference would it make if I buy a 2GB one?
(In future I'd be interested to do a SLI/CF).

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Saurav.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

1 GB 6950 would be 15k for the sapphire. Also check msi gtx 560 twin frozr between 15-16k. Its factory overclocked and has got very good performance. Another option is asus gtx 560 directcu, if you can find one at the right price.

2gb 6950's are 17k-18k for stock versions with taxes. Check THIS AND THIS.

But for the kind of rig you have, i recommend a MSI GTX 570 @ 20.5K with taxes. Check HERE. Sli later to make your system even more futureproof.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Thanks Vicky for suggesting me GTX 570 but right now I really don't wanna invest that much behind a GPU. I was thinking of GTX 560/6950/6970.
Let's see what my heart says finally...

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

6950 1gb is better. Try sapphire around 15k. Sapphire is good and is available at a steal price. if you want 560 get it only if <16k. higher not worth.

No need to spend on 6950 2gb version. Both almost same.

And 6970 is only 2gb. Priced same as 570. Both almost the same. But get 570 as u will be able to enjoy some physx on 570 with nice more playable fps in future titles also unlike 560.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Thanks Vicky for suggesting me GTX 570 but right now I really don't wanna invest that much behind a GPU. I was thinking of GTX 560/6950/6970.
Let's see what my heart says finally...

Well buddy, if you want physx and don't want to spend much, the gtx 560 is the way to go. You can get playable fps by enabling physx in all titles.

Check the physx review of GTX 560 with PHYSX ON HERE. Both sli and single 560 have been tested in physx and 560 definitely gives more than playable framerates in MAFIA 2 with apex physx set to high even at fullhd.

Offcourse 570 will give better performance but at a premium.

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Yep, later, but will do.
I was thinking if I get a 6850 and keep my 9800GT as PhysX, how would that be? Or a Single GTX560/6950 is better?

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

your mobo has 3 pcie slots. get a 6870 then and keep 9800gt for physx on x4 slot. crossfire 6870 on x16, x16 slots. ofcourse physx performance will be much better.

but still try a 6950 or 560 and keep 9800gt for physx.

BTW crossfire performance of 6950 1GB is better. sometimes 2x scaling.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

^^ agreed and 6950 1gb crossfire also consumes a bit less power. But its thermally hotter than a 560 sli.

@ ithehappy

A single 560 or 6950 is better. Sli or xfire later. But if you plan for the 560, my advise is to go for factory overclocked cards like msi twin frozr or asus direct cu. For 6950, any reference model will do fine. If going for 560 sli at a later stage, that 9800gt won't be required for physx as it will unecessarily draw power. A 6950xfire + 9800gt will be a heavy power hog and will take their toll on your tx 650 and will be a very hot(thermally) setup.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

but vicky because if that setup will draw power it will be more future proof and more powerful too. so keep 9800gt imo.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

^^ Ya but that power draw would be unnecessary and strain his tx 650. It can't handle 3 hefty cards. In this case he has to change his psu as it will be unsafe. xfire+ physx is advised upwards of 750 watts. I would recommend a 570 sli if physx is a requirement instead of 6950xfire + 9800gt. Even a 560 sli will do a terrific job.

If physx is not a priority, then 6950xfire is great for future but without 9800gt.

My advise to him is to sell of 9800gt and add the price to the new card whether 560,6950 or 570. If he wants performance without any budget constraints, then 570 all the way. If short on budget and physx is not priority, then 6950 and if physx is required, then 560. Then sli or xfire later according to the first card.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

^^ Taking physx and tesselation into consideration. But again these will be overkill for him as he's not gonna spend this much.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

oh then 570 sli considering physx :-D

6970 not bad at tessalation. its good at medium set. suffficient imo as tessalation long time to go to become a norm.

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot

^^ Ya but that power draw would be unnecessary and strain his tx 650. It can't handle 3 hefty cards. In this case he has to change his psu as it will be unsafe. xfire+ physx is advised upwards of 750 watts. I would recommend a 570 sli if physx is a requirement instead of 6950xfire + 9800gt. Even a 560 sli will do a terrific job.

If physx is not a priority, then 6950xfire is great for future but without 9800gt.

My advise to him is to sell of 9800gt and add the price to the new card whether 560,6950 or 570. If he wants performance without any budget constraints, then 570 all the way. If short on budget and physx is not priority, then 6950 and if physx is required, then 560. Then sli or xfire later according to the first card.

Firstly- I am an amateur in these PC stuffs but I certainly realise that a CF+PhysX won't be safe with my TX650, so no question of doing that.

Secondly- I am not short on budget, I just don't wanna invest behind a GPU, coz I like to play in High Graphic but I play 1-2 games in an average per Month, but which I play I wanna play them smooth :)

Thirdly- After taking the suggestions from Vicky and Jas, I've decided to sell my 9800GT and buy a GTX560 or 6950. Now let's see which one suits me...
and I think there won't be a problem with SLI/CF of 560/6950 for my TX650, am I right?

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot

SMC now has 560, Price- Rs.15,500. Is there any chance of price cutting if I wait 2-3 weeks?
MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC

Yantraonline has it too, the Zotac one,
.:: Yantra Online ::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom