Need advice for a new LGA 775 motherboard

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
topgear said:
the G41 combo support both but why I said to go for a DDr3 only mobo along with DDR3 memory modules - OP will use his existing DDR2 ram modules and if he ever needs to RMA this mobo the service center guys may say " no supporting DDR2 motherboard is available as it's obsolete now " and if they offers him DDR3 mobo as an alternative tjhse DDr2 ram modules won't come handy - so it's better to sell the DDr2 ram modules and opt for a DDr3 motherboard.

*i45.tinypic.com/357hz0h.jpg

I am kind a love these RAMs.. Good performer and good overclocker also. I am not going to get justified price for these and would end up simple lowest end DDR3 module instead of them.

topgear said:
FK will ship it to you either by their own delivery man or through Bluedart - did you get a Tracking No ? what's the status showing ?

They did ship it on Saturday night..

*i49.tinypic.com/24x28oz.jpg

topgear said:
^^ Truely said.

Looking at the FlipKart watch thread here, they have set such a high standard for them self, it actually sets the expectation pretty high. Compare to that, processing time being taken 2 full business days is a let down for me.

Main reason for me getting impatient is my desktop seating dead. One more reason is, I have previously purchased from eBay and vendors there ships the product on that day or very next day at max by the way.

Anyway, I hope I would be getting by 14th.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ those ram are god but you want DDr3 then DDR3 version of XMS is also available but VS series is more good IMO and there's are other ts of good DDr3 memory modules available under 1.5/2k.

and FK has again started their own shipping service in here - even a few days before they were shipping items through BlueDart but FK's shipping is faster than BD - so most of the chances you will get it on Monday/Tuesday ( max ).

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
topgear said:
and FK has again started their own shipping service in here - even a few days before they were shipping items through BlueDart but FK's shipping is faster than BD - so most of the chances you will get it on Monday/Tuesday ( max ).

They are giving it a round of the country for free it seems..

*i48.tinypic.com/294koig.jpg

:chucks:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ not so rare with them ... bear with it and count the actual time in between the ordering date and the day you get the product on your hands.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
^^ you will get it today for sure.

Waiting eagerly to receive the product :Fingerx:, this 5day waiting feels like a decade :wah:

Finally it got delivered today :)

*i49.tinypic.com/344e5cj.jpg

Happy with the over all packing and delivery time by the way (will post detailed later)

Got it installed but came to an halt immediately :(. My DVD RW is refusing to boot from Windows XP SP3 Installation CD with BOOTMGR missing warring !!

:hissyfit:

I can see its booting from my laptop :pullhair:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, I dont know how to install the Windows XP from Pen drive, I have a installation CD only of the said OS :(

use this app,
WinToFlash - Install Windows from usb - Home page
your laptop, XP CD and the pen drive.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
topgear said:
use this app,
WinToFlash - Install Windows from usb - Home page
your laptop, XP CD and the pen drive.

Thanks, however I by the time I saw your reply, I borrowed a external DVD RW from my friend and used it to my Windows XP installed..

I wonder which one is now faulty ? Is it the Motherboard's PATA IDE controller / port or the internal DVD RW I am having ?

*i49.tinypic.com/5xvcp0.jpg

saswat23

Human Spambot
Probably its your DVD-RW.
Try burning some discs and check if your drive works on any other system or see if any of your friend's IDE drive works on your mobo.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
sasawt23 said:
Try burning some discs and check if your drive works on any other system or see if any of your friend's IDE drive works on your mobo.

Its reading disc but performing pretty dam slow..

I have not yet been able to get another DVD RW to test it with so guessing if anyother easy way to understand the issue..

One more thing I would like to add.. I was pulling my hair out of my head for last two days.. I did get Windows installed but could not get audio running. First the KB888111 patch installation issue, then when ever I try to install the driver, error comes the HD audio device not found..

I downloaded the latest driver from Gigabyte Website, that too didnt work, they all of a sudden today I find on the website there is an update, the VIA chipset has been replaced with Realtek and new drivers are given for download..

Didnt understand, why did Gigabyte kept VIA listed as their audio provider where as packed Realtek in it :(

Wasted two days of mine..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Rev 1.3 and 1.4 of the mobo has VIA VT1708S audio chip but the rev 2.0 has the Realtek ALC887 audio chip.

and about sound driver issue - if possible try to install a Xp version with Sp3 integrated or else after installing XP install Sp3 and only then the audio drivers.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
topgear said:
and about sound driver issue - if possible try to install a Xp version with Sp3 integrated or else after installing XP install Sp3 and only then the audio drivers.

I have Windows XP with SP3.

Problem is, when ever I try to install the KB888111, it says latest service pack installed, this update is not needed, but without it HD audio is not getting detected !!

Microsoft website has 3 version of KB888111,

KB888111
KB888111 - XP SP1
KB888111 - XP SP2

There is no SP3 option for KB888111

Top Bottom