Need advice for a new LGA 775 motherboard

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here's how to install KB888111 on xp sp3 :

go to start > Run and type regedit

go to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows

on the right side you will see a value called CSDVersion - double click on it and change it to 200 - click Ok and reboot the pc.

now you should be able to install the update.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ Naxal: If your mobo has the VIA V1708S chipset as described on the Flipkart page for your mobo and as also indicated by topgear, then you can download it here: *www.viaarena.com/Driver/v10500d.zip

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
here's how to install KB888111 on xp sp3 :

go to start > Run and type regedit

go to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows

on the right side you will see a value called CSDVersion - double click on it and change it to 200 - click Ok and reboot the pc.

now you should be able to install the update.

Thanks, worked..

CyberKID said:
@ Naxal: If your mobo has the VIA V1708S chipset as described on the Flipkart page for your mobo

It went on to install Realtek.. Though FlipKart and even Gigabyte website said VIA, but it went on to install Realtek HD audio..

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Topgear is correct. It's the revision 2.0 of the mobo that has Realtek ALC887.
@ Naxal: I suppose you should contact Flipkart and ask them to correct the info on their site regarding the audio controller. This would be helpful for other buyers.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
^^ then you must have got a Rev 2.0 motherboard.

Good for me at least, I got the latest version..

CyberKid said:
@ Naxal: I suppose you should contact Flipkart and ask them to correct the info on their site regarding the audio controller. This would be helpful for other buyers.

They already know about the change since they have increased their price meaning they know the board in stock is newer than they used to sell, however the site detail section still lists VIA, I will try to email them to let them know.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ That's not the exact reason to increase the price. As far as I know them, they tend to increase price of a product, once they get an order for it. I've always maintained that Flipkart does this.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
CyberKid said:
As far as I know them, they tend to increase price of a product, once they get an order for it.

Wired.. Demand should make price go low, specially for main stream products, that too the lowest end !!

:conspiracy:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ Buddy, you've just got associated with FK. It does this. I've experienced this so many times that even I'm not sure when should I purchase something from them.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
^ Buddy, you've just got associated with FK. It does this.

Price increase in the said product is nominal, some what Rs. 50/60 i guess.. Not much though..

I've experienced this so many times that even I'm not sure when should I purchase something from them.

I think price factor should be able to solve the doubt, if the said product is at competetive price than your local store, opt for it, else local seller !!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
In flipkart, I think they follows an automated algorithm to set the price of products dynamically. When the price increase and when it decrease doesn't matter. But all I can see that price changes almost on everyday.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
In flipkart, I think they follows an automated algorithm to set the price of products dynamically. When the price increase and when it decrease doesn't matter. But all I can see that price changes almost on everyday.

Whats the benefit of this ??

It seems it is rather confusing people and creating doubt about their business policy !!

Top Bottom