Need additional Hard Disk

ankurgel

He loves himself.
I'm running out of space in my current 250 GB HD SATA (Seagate). Analyzing the usage I require additional 1 TB storage. Can I just add such additional hard disk to my PC? Also, the configuration of my PC is pretty simple.
-Pentium D processor.
-D945GCPE Board
-4 GB RAM and 450W Power Input (SMPS).
I searched through some articles and forums and read somewhere that an additional fan is recommended for extended hard disk life. Is it really required?

Also, while going through motherboard I found that there were just 2 SATA ports. One is used in present 250GB HD and other is being used by a DVD RW. Any solution for this? I could only deduce to use DVD's cable/port as it is occasionally used.

Any solution/experience?

amirajdhawan

Broken In
You can buy a new harddisk of the size you want and put it in the sata port of the dvd n connect the dvd drive using the older pata if your dvd drive have both sata n pata ports which many drives do have.
Check out you motherboard temperatures and ambience temperature of the cabinet, if its higher than around 50 degrees than a fan would be usefull not only for the hard disk but all the components.
For you hdd other way is that you can buy a portable hard disk (which is a little bit expensive) and uses USB port...by that you would get a solution for portable data as well which personally i would go for.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
once you get the 1TB HDD, the 250gig would be least useful. Get an external USB 3.5" HDD enclosure (el cheapo ones cost around 300 bucks) and turn it into external HDD.

Top Bottom