Need a video player...

Neo

I need a video player which can play files which are not fully downloaded.
I mean the video files are downloaded from torrents but not completely.
Iike the first 10% of the file is not there and then 30% there and then again 10% not there.
I hope i made you understood what i want to say.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I don't know if there is any player which can play broken video file like above....
but u can give a try to KMPlayer or potplayer

doomgiver

Warframe
none will work in this case, vlc *might* play a file if it is 60-70% complete, but in torrents, usually the start and end blocks are missing which are the most important bits

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I need a video player which can play files which are not fully downloaded.
I mean the video files are downloaded from torrents but not completely.
Iike the first 10% of the file is not there and then 30% there and then again 10% not there.
I hope i made you understood what i want to say.

I think by now you must have realized, you can't play a partially downloaded video. The best that players like VLC can do, is to play the starting portion of the video provided a sufficient amount of data is downloaded. But as soon as it will encounter the bits which are not downloaded, it will stop playing.

BUT, I think, your requirement is that you just need to preview the file before you decide to continue downloading the rest of the file.
Well, in that case, you may be in luck, since the latest version of uTorrent is capable to Stream the video, which necessarily means, uTorrent will start downloading the file in sequential order (means right from beginning), so that it can be played in player like VLC. So now you can preview the file before you decide to continue download! :-D

*i.imgur.com/OmgPy.jpg

Your can use VLC player or Windows Media Player Classic (WMC). They can both play unfinished files. But you won't get a constant steam mostly because while downloading, utorrent doesn't download from the 1st byte to the last serially. It will download in packets and these packets can be from the last bytes ,i.e, the last minutes of the video file and so on depending seeders and such.

I would personally recommend WMC because is low on resources and does its job finely. :)

Top Bottom