Need a tablet below 6.5k

shijilt

Journeyman
@ Shivam24 .
I am sorry that I said HCL has cheap bulid quality , HCL has good build quality , what I said is about Karbonn.
You can find budget tablets with good build quality , just like Micromax infinity , Lava Xtron etc..

1.2 Ghz dual core is good for tablets , but where did you get this 1.2 Ghz dual core in HCL ME U2?
If you are talking about "HCL ME U2 Tablet" , it has just 1 Ghz single core ARM Cortex-A9.

Dual core processor is must for tablets(If want video playback and better internet features).

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
how is your experience with lava xtron? does it plays video clips (hd avi, mp4, mkv etc.) flawlessly?

@ Shivam24 .
I am sorry that I said HCL has cheap bulid quality , HCL has good build quality , what I said is about Karbonn.
You can find budget tablets with good build quality , just like Micromax infinity , Lava Xtron etc..

1.2 Ghz dual core is good for tablets , but where did you get this 1.2 Ghz dual core in HCL ME U2?
If you are talking about "HCL ME U2 Tablet" , it has just 1 Ghz single core ARM Cortex-A9.

Dual core processor is must for tablets(If want video playback and better internet features).

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Hey,guys: @Shivam24 + @Rockstar11,you could also have a look into this DOMO Slate X3D SE, as per your allowable budget...

There are others also.

But according to @shijilt and other friends, go in for a Tablet with "dual-core" processor.

Don't go in for Brand Names when buying cheaper budget based Tablets,but look out for specs. + functions along with reviews.

Last edited:

shijilt

Journeyman
@ vidhubhushan .
I have been using Lava Xtron for 6 days now.
May be 1 / 2 hours per day.
I am able to play movie Avatar in 1280X720 , size 4 GB. No issues , it plays so smooth.(Bulit in player didnt play this ".m4v" files , I just installed MX player and it worked.)
I didn't experienced any hangups while using this tab.
I have successfully installed and played games upto 2 GB in size (haven't tried beyond that).
There is a small lag when I turn it on for the first 30 seconds and that is usual , even our PCs have that "startup" issue.

digitaltab

In the zone
@ Shivam24 .

my mistake :cry:

Hey,guys: @Shivam25 + @Rockstar11,you could also have a look into this DOMO Slate X3D SE, as per your allowable budget...

There are others also.

But according to @shijilt and other friends, go in for a Tablet with "dual-core" processor.

Don't go in for Brand Names when buying cheaper budget based Tablets,but look out for specs. + functions along with reviews.

initially i ignored it, but now i think that this DOMO tab is a very good option in my budget... thanks :)

@ vidhubhushan .
I am able to play movie Avatar in 1280X720 , size 4 GB. No issues , it plays so smooth.(Bulit in player didnt play this ".m4v" files , I just installed MX player and it worked.)
I have successfully installed and played games upto 2 GB in size (haven't tried beyond that).
There is a small lag when I turn it on for the first 30 seconds and that is usual , even our PCs have that "startup" issue.

hey shijilt, what you say about this domo x3d tab??

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Hey,guys: @Shivam25 + @Rockstar11,you could also have a look into this DOMO Slate X3D SE, as per your allowable budget...

There are others also.

before you go for that model see this video *www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4lAqRGHVqg at 09:08
"the device is advertised as dual core but its actually single core. domo claims that it has a virtual core which is have never hear of :D"

i didn't buy this because of this

digitaltab

In the zone
before you go for that model see this video *www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4lAqRGHVqg at 09:08
"the device is advertised as dual core but its actually single core. domo claims that it has a virtual core which is have never hear of :D"

looks like i'll have to study now about all these so called DUAL CORE arm cortex bu**sh*t......
only if i'll find that they are capable enough to what i want, like full hd playback , good gaming etc. then only i'll decide a tablet...

EDIT: domo official website doesn't say it dual core, its a single core, check this...

*www.domoindia.com/index.php/2012-0...mo-slate-x3d-se.html#technical-specifications

Last edited:

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
ty for the info. very good then. what about heating issue? have you used older white samsung reliance cdma phones that were introduced initially? they used to heat up while talking / charging. is it like that or more?

have you used internet on it? how is that?

@ vidhubhushan .

kg11sgbg

I have also seen that video.

But what about this:DOMO Slate X3D SE - Unboxing.flv - YouTube ? The tablet purchased by Mr.Yadav Gt from FLIPKART and he also mentioned the detailed specs.
Even in Flipkarts site,this Tablet is mentioned to sport a dual core ARM Cortex-A9 processor.

looks like i'll have to study now about all these so called DUAL CORE arm cortex bu**sh*t......
only if i'll find that they are capable enough to what i want, like full hd playback , good gaming etc. then only i'll decide a tablet...

EDIT: domo official website doesn't say it dual core, its a single core, check this...

DOMO Slate X3D SE
Of course @Shivam24,its your money and your choice.So you must purchase any Tablet with open eyes and ears,Please do not hurry! Take your time ,read reviews and gather feedback from customers.
Then take the plunge for purchasing.
You could also buy the LAVA XTRON,according to the feedback of @shijilt,which is a very good Tablet.

Also go through this:ARM Cortex-A9
Mainly read the specifications part.
Again absolutely and ultimately YOUR CHOICE...

Last edited:

shijilt

Journeyman
@ Shivam24 , if HDMI is not so important for you , just buy Lava Xtron .
I have seen user reviews of Lava Xtron and Wicked Leaks warmy desire , they have almost the same issues.
When the clock-speed increases the processor will take more power and it will get heated up , that is usual.
I have used internet in my tablet through WiFi and it was fast.
There are only three tablets in 10000 RS range with this super processing + graphical powers.

Lava E-Tab Xtron
Veedee D10 DC
Warmy Desire

Warmy desire was in my chance list coz of its looks. It has a micro SD slot cover , which other tabs misses.
Yes , there is one big problem with Lava Xtron , its micro SD card sticks out of the tablet . When you put a micro SD card in your Xtron , it will look like another button !! If you accidentally scratch that side of the tablet somewhere , ur data and card is gone... What if we are using a class 10, 32GB card worth RS 2000?

Rockstar11

Technomancer
thanks. Let me check
Hey,guys: @Shivam24 + @Rockstar11,you could also have a look into this [U
URL="*www.flipkart.com/domo-slate-x3d-se/p/itmdfj8gypxpcjth?pid=TABDFJ7RF7TDCRRY&ref=0043d40c-ba06-4387-a677-178012c87f3a"]DOMO Slate X3D SE[/URL], as per your allowable budget...

There are others also.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Guys give me a link of a good quality otg and hdmi to mini HDMI cable pls, eBay is flooded with different qualities and I can't choose..
And do these Tablets have mini HDMI or micro HDMI???

kg11sgbg

^^Not sure,but I think it's a mini-HDMI not micro.
Even USB ports in Tablets are of mini type not micro.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
^^Not sure,but I think it's a mini-HDMI not micro.
Even USB ports in Tablets are of mini type not micro.

hey usb ports are MICRO
*www.google.co.in/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=hcj-Tl_nJQcAZM&tbnid=_8Wdz8Oi-_JbWM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.powerlet.com%2FlearningCenter%2Fusb-connectors&ei=khtgUamULoWurAfApIGwBA&psig=AFQjCNG-dS3zAWadYAzxTEWvaMRaqojivw&ust=1365339410840828

digitaltab

In the zone
@kg11sgbg ,shijilt: I am in no hurry to buy a tablet as i know there are many brands available in my budget among which some are good and most are bad... and so time is a need to find out the best available tab and for that i am gathering comparisons, benchmarks, and looking over reviews and feed backs...
I have only 3 requirements for which i need a tablet:
1. internet browsing ,
2. pdf reader and document viewer
3. hd videos playback
4. all other wrok like gaming, camera, video call etc. i will do but not that much, so these are not my priorities, and hdmi is not required....
but if a 3g sim card slot would be there , it would be better because you can't find wi-fi everywhere and using 3g dongle feels a little bit odd..
thats is it...
will look in deep for lava xtron as suggested by shijilt, i think it would be good for me...

@ Shivam24 , if HDMI is not so important for you , just buy Lava Xtron .
I have seen user reviews of Lava Xtron and Wicked Leaks warmy desire , they have almost the same issues.
When the clock-speed increases the processor will take more power and it will get heated up , that is usual.
I have used internet in my tablet through WiFi and it was fast.
There are only three tablets in 10000 RS range with this super processing + graphical powers.

Lava E-Tab Xtron
Veedee D10 DC
Warmy Desire

Warmy desire was in my chance list coz of its looks. It has a micro SD slot cover , which other tabs misses.
Yes , there is one big problem with Lava Xtron , its micro SD card sticks out of the tablet . When you put a micro SD card in your Xtron , it will look like another button !! If you accidentally scratch that side of the tablet somewhere , ur data and card is gone... What if we are using a class 10, 32GB card worth RS 2000?

tell me one thing, why didn't you buy wammy desire, Is there any weak point or something???

kg11sgbg

hey usb ports are MICRO
*www.google.co.in/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=hcj-Tl_nJQcAZM&tbnid=_8Wdz8Oi-_JbWM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.powerlet.com%2FlearningCenter%2Fusb-connectors&ei=khtgUamULoWurAfApIGwBA&psig=AFQjCNG-dS3zAWadYAzxTEWvaMRaqojivw&ust=1365339410840828
May be you are correct,but comparing my 3 Tablets with that of my Kodak M866 camera,I found that the Kodak camera has a more lesser(minute area sized)area structured USB port compared to that of the the Tablets.Then which one is a mini-USB and which one is a micro-USB?
A little bit of confusion.

I have to go in details through this:*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_usb#USB_Mini_and_Micro_connectors
Perhaps everbody should read it to get a clear picture of USB.

I again reiterate, that you may be correct.

Last edited:

Rockstar11

Technomancer
@kg11sgbg ,shijilt: I am in no hurry to buy a tablet as i know there are many brands available in my budget among which some are good and most are bad... and so time is a need to find out the best available tab and for that i am gathering comparisons, benchmarks, and looking over reviews and feed backs...
I have only 3 requirements for which i need a tablet:
1. internet browsing ,
2. pdf reader and document viewer
3. hd videos playback
4. all other wrok like gaming, camera, video call etc. i will do but not that much, so these are not my priorities, and hdmi is not required....
but if a 3g sim card slot would be there , it would be better because you can't find wi-fi everywhere and using 3g dongle feels a little bit odd..
thats is it...
will look in deep for lava xtron as suggested by shijilt, i think it would be good for me...

tell me one thing, why didn't you buy wammy desire, Is there any weak point or something???

DOMO Slate X2G Tablet

guys check nd plz tell me...

DOMO Slate X3D SE vs HCL ME U2 Tablet vs Lava E-Tab XTRON Tablet vs DOMO Slate X2G Tablet: Compare Tablets: Flipkart.com

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
May be you are correct,but comparing my 3 Tablets with that of my Kodak M866 camera,I found that the Kodak camera has a more lesser(minute area sized)area structured USB port compared to that of the the Tablets.Then which one is a mini-USB and which one is a micro-USB?
A little bit of confusion.

I have to go in details through this:Universal Serial Bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Perhaps everbody should read it to get a clear picture of USB.

I again reiterate, that you may be correct.
see this
*i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/radioraiders/mini-micro-usb-connector.gif

digitaltab

In the zone
@ vidhubhushan .

what about sound quality??

Top Bottom