Need a tablet below 6.5k

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
almost same with me. wanted to buy one just for reading books n watching videos n decided to buy xtron n then xtron+ but flipkart reviews are bad :(

Rockstar11

Technomancer
@Rockstar11, did you upgrade your Tablet's Android version to Android-4.1.*(Jelly Bean)?

Did,DOMO provide any update/upgrade for the Tablet you are using?

Please,share your experiences with us,if you had already performed the upgrade to jelly bean.

hi sorry for late replying.....

I have not update to jelly bean..
just using ice cream sandwich.....

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
All of my 3 Tablets upgraded to Android-4.1.1(Jelly Bean) successfully :-

1). VeeDee E-10 --------> Upgraded long back in January 2013.

2). Iberry AUXUS AX01 -------> Upgraded this June 2013.

3).Milagrow MGPT07/TabTop 7.16PRO 8GB ------> Upgraded recently this July 2013(last week).

By the grace of GOD all the above 3 Tablets are running + functioning smoothly compared to Android-4.0.*(Icecream Sandwich)....

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hi guys , I am bumping this thread coz requirement is similar...one of my office collegue wan a tab in this price range...

I know lava xtron+ is the best one in this range and maybe most updated one...but flipkart reviews and my poor experience with micromax in the past is confusing me...

as you guys may have used it...I want to know whats the battery life of lava xtron+

I am also considering iball 6318i ...coz of its price and ok specs ...I have to keep the cost low

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Lava Xtron+ has normal lcd. official fb people confirmed it. :(

The comments of vidhubhushan can't be ignored completely.
It's a very common sense,that when Lava is upgrading their XTRON Tablet to XTRON+,then why should they return to normal LCD screen? Is'nt that a malpractise for marketing & selling aspects of the company? Well LAVA can confirm it....

kg11sgbg

Hi guys , I am bumping this thread coz requirement is similar...one of my office collegue wan a tab in this price range...

I know lava xtron+ is the best one in this range and maybe most updated one...but flipkart reviews and my poor experience with micromax in the past is confusing me...

as you guys may have used it...I want to know whats the battery life of lava xtron+

I am also considering iball 6318i ...coz of its price and ok specs ...I have to keep the cost low

Then better to go with LAVA XTRON because of its IPS display.

Lava Xtron+ has normal lcd. official fb people confirmed it. :(

Thanks mate,confusion cleared. But this strategy of LAVA is a bit foolish:cool:

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
my pleasure buddy and its very true but there are all kinds in this world. they might have done it to increase the battery time.

i feel they are good at goof-ups. there is an ad of Lava iVory in Digit August 2013. it mentions their website address as HugeDomains.com - LavaInternational.com is for Sale (Lava International) but that domain is up for sale. i have not found the ivory tablet on their official website / facebook page. :D

Thanks mate,confusion cleared. But this strategy of LAVA is a bit foolish:cool:

kg11sgbg

Milagrow TabTop MGPT07(7.16 PRO8GB) is also a decent Tablet below Rs.5k,which I own(FREE as a PRIZE).
It is actually a Chinese Tablet brand named "CHUWI" which is rebranded as Milagrow TabTop MGPT07.

Only con is the RAM is 512MB DDR3. Else all other specs. are quite decent.

kg11sgbg

^Is it the DOMO SLATE X3DSE? The one bought by Rockstar.

A good buy.

If DOMO has given updates to JellyBean OS from Icecreanm Sandwich,then do it.

Flash

Lost in speed
Yes. I've mailed the customer care reg the JB update.
The person said they're yet to roll out the JB update, and once its out - it will be updated in their support site.

kg11sgbg

Yes. I've mailed the customer care reg the JB update.
The person said they're yet to roll out the JB update, and once its out - it will be updated in their support site.
Congrats Gearbox for your purchase.

Me reverted my IBERRY AUXUS AX01 Tablet back to Icecream Sandwich(Android-4.0.3) as the Jelly Bean Update was provided on XDA-forums,not the official site.
There were problems with the Jelly Bean on AX01 tablet.
I EVEN BRICKED IT.
But after successful,unbricking the Tablet is running very good. Battery has taken the toil of BRICKING/UNBRICKING...
IBERRY has said that they will replace the battery for Rs.1,500/- if I send back the Tablet to them.
This is a briefing from their customer care,as I contacted them through a support ticket.

Note: Always best to upgrade OS only through official sites and none otherwise.

My other 2 Tablets Veedee E-10 and MILAGROW MGTP07 are running without any hitch after successful upgrades to JellyBean only provided by their respective official sites.

Flash

Lost in speed
Thank you. With what i've read in reviews - this domo slate itself a rooted one by the manufacturer.
Still i don't understand why the manufacturer didn't provide the official update to JB, as it came back in 2012.

My other 2 Tablets Veedee E-10 and MILAGROW MGTP07 are running without any hitch after successful upgrades to JellyBean only provided by their respective official sites.
:thumbs:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Anyone who wants to purchase a cheap tablet , i can recommend ainol easily. Although the customer service is shady, i havent had a problem with my tab so far. The best part is there is so much support on ainol forums. Today i flashed a new rom on my Ainol Venus tab and am getting 6 hours screen time :D . Earlier i used to get only 4.

kg11sgbg

^Ainol are great Tablets than the ones mentioned beforehand on this thread.
But what is the cheapest Ainol Tab? I mean the price?

Top Bottom