Need a Suse linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
The Fedora Project is a Red Hat sponsored and community-supported open source project. It is not a supported product of Red Hat, Inc. The goal? Work with the Linux community to build a complete, general purpose operating system exclusively from free software. Public forum. Open processes. A proving ground for new technology that may eventually make its way into Red Hat products.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux is the leading platform for open source computing. It is sold by subscription, delivers continuous value and is certified by top enterprise hardware and software vendors. From the desktop to the datacenter, Enterprise Linux couples the innovation of open source technology and the stability of a true enterprise-class platform.

Look at a comparison here and here

Satissh S

Youngling
Novell Website said:
What Happened to SUSE LINUX Professional?

With the release of SUSE Linux 10.0, we have reverted the name of this home-user distribution from "SUSE LINUX Professional" back to its original, shorter "SUSE Linux." The latest version of this popular product has been developed with the same goals of stability and usability, the most current and comprehensive selection of open source packages, and a great desktop experience. As you would expect, when you purchase SUSE Linux 10.0, you'll receive more than 4,000 software packages as well as a printed user manual, extensive online help resources and 90 days of free installation support.
So there is no pro. :wink:

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
to prajith: u mean u have got opensuse10

where do i get novel suse 10 for free?
and u sure opensuse 10 is coming in LFY this month?

Prajith

Broken In
I dont know about LFY. But yes i have got Suse 10.0 OSS. Downloaded it from my DATAONE connection(It took 5 days since i download only 2-8AM free time :D ). Its really nice but seems to have some kinda prob with nvidia cards though i installed latest nvidia drivers.

Now i am downloading Suse 10.1 Alpha OSS

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
u have prob with nvidia cads? whar probs?
cause im looking forward to suse10 oss and have an nvidia card too. tell me what probs u had and how u solved them?

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
What is the prob with Nvidia cards.Suse 9.1 worked fine only thing is that it asks the geometry values of the monitor...

Satissh S

Youngling
So we all have probs with, Nvidia cards in suse. Well here is the workaround. After the base system installs and reboots. Append the following lines to your kernel options ore just type in keeping SUSE LINUX option in boot loader active. vga=791 NOCOLDPLUG=1 . Now the system should install. Have a lot of Fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom