Need a Suitable Clock Generator.. BD-70G..

koolent

Youngling
Hi,

I am Kush Mishra and I have a friend who wants to overclock his processor..

He has a BD-70G motherboard and some old 1.90 GHz processor.. I have cleand up and his mobo and PC is all set.. He will be using SetFSB to overclock his processor so, I want to know the clock generator to usefor this mobo..

Sad, do you even know the PSU your friend has? You could end up frying his components if you try to overclock with limited knowledge and overclocking is better done through the BIOS, not any software.

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
Bro, he has a 250W PSU.. And his MOBO is really old.. And I have already overclocked my processor 'Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.8 GHz' to 3.5 GHz using softwarez using my knowledge..

dibya_kol

In the zone
Yaar I have a 180W PSU and I have OCed to 4.0GHz..

lol .. Something is burning over here ..
Dear, let me tell u, OC is nt child's play, lots of guys burnt their cpus and gpus. Before oc ur cpu u need to understand what r u tring to do. And let me tell u, every chip is diffarent. For ex: a guy may hit 5ghz with 2500k, but sometimes u can't do it with a same cpu.
But before OC ur cpu, u need a good psu, a good cpu cooler and few benchmark softwere. prime95 is recommended for test and real temp for chking temp.
Increase ur clocks slowly in bios, run prime95 for 15-20 min atleast, chk cpu temp. And don't go over 70-75c. Also chk for cpu voltage, don't go too far.
Search in google for better guides. And do it in ur OWN RISK.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
lol .. Something is burning over here ..

180W 75% PSU >>> 450W 40% efficient PSU.

correct me if i am wrong but most likely koolent is using PSU that came with his PC (most likely branded) and those PSU are not Chinese crap. Those have at least better build quality and efficiency than iball & techcom, etc.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
180W 75% PSU >>> 450W 40% efficient PSU.

correct me if i am wrong but most likely koolent is using PSU that came with his PC (most likely branded) and those PSU are not Chinese crap. Those have at least better build quality and efficiency than iball & techcom, etc.

sam how do u know about him and which psu he uses..i think OP has assembled pc and must likely will have local psu...

also i want set fsb or clockgen for my mobo intel 945DCCR if anyone finds then pm me or reply..

dibya_kol

In the zone
heres the snapshot of CPU-Z:

*i44.tinypic.com/xc7h3o.jpg

this pics proves nothing, i can set 5ghz (or even more) on my 2500k for a few mins. but that does nt prove that it is a good OC in my chip !! post some benchmark result and also temps of idle & load temps(software which u can use/measure) .. :shock:

Top Bottom