Need a sturdy build for photo editing,games and HD movies!!!

hrgagan

Broken In
Hi,
I am looking to build a pc for mostly editing my photos, playing FIFA, PES , GTA etc....I will be watching a lot of HD movies, I have a led 26inch Sony Bravia tv that I want to use as a monitor too...

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: I am going in for a computer that can do my photo post processing, I am currently using cs2 will be upgrading to cs5 extended very soon. Also have some few games in mind like playing FIFA, PES and GTA. Look to have a lot of program's installed and considering a fast but not too overpriced rig!

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 30-35k

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: Not required but may be later on.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: I have a win 7 ultimate 64bit.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: I already have a 750gig portable wd Hdd with me, I would require just 500gb of internal storage for now.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: No, Like I said at the beginning I already have a new LED 26inch Sony Bravia that I want to make use of as a monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans:
a) Speakers, since I already have a JBL docking speakers.
b) keyboard and mouse, I already have DELL keyboard and mice wired.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: I am looking to buy this in 15-20 days, just want a clear thought process before plunging in.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: Yes, I can do it myself. I have a close aid who can help me with it in case I'm stuck.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: I live in bengaluru, I am not sure of places in SP road, would like some shops recommended too:)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: Emphasis on -
a) looking for a good case, wire mangemeny system.
b) good cooling, lost a part due to heat sync problems, I am taking full concern in this factor, my room isn't well air regulated.
c) SSD yes I'd like this as my booting device 64gb

If you need to know more you can ask in the comment section.

Thanks,
HRG

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Intel Core i5 2400 - 10.8k
Intel DH67CL - 5.5k
G.Skill RipjawsX 4GB - 1.5k
Seagate 500GB HDD - 4.5k
Corsair GS600 - 4k
NZXT Source 210 Elite - 1.5k
Sapphire HD6850 - 8.5k

So total around 36.3K

Hard to squeeze a SSD & a better cabinet within that budget.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ Very good suggestion. But I think you need to update the price of i5-2400, mate. Its 10.8K now. :)

OP
H

hrgagan

Broken In
@Tech_wiz: thank you for a super quick reply,
Ok I have some pointers and I would like to know your thoughts and suggestions.
1) I was thinking of going in for a motherboard with on board graphics.
2) Looking at 3rd gen processors. What is the likely difference. Is it worth picking up if I had a choice.
3) I am confused over my already bought 26inch Bravia, should I buy a monitor 20", will I be able to do touch ups at full zoom sitting right at the desk.

Regards,
Hrg

OP
H

hrgagan

Broken In
Ok so last weekend I went over to SP ROAD and inquired about some parts and asked him for a configurations---
Putting that below---
1)
Second generation 2500k 3.3ghz--rs11.5k
Motherboard DH67CL---rs5.6k
2)
3rd Gen 3450k 3.1ghz--- rs11.5k
3550k 3.3ghz---rs12.5k
DH77KCL---rs7.5K
--------------------------
4gb ddr3 corsair---rs1250
--------------------------
500gb seagate 7200 rpm---rs3950
---------------------------
Corsair r400---- rs4000
-----------------
Psu corsair 600w---rs4100
------------------
Another friend suggested go in for gigabyte mother board
GA-Z77X-UD3H----rs9000
------------------
Dlink wifi (N150)---rs850
------------------
Keyboard & mouse Logitech---rs
1300 wireless

your thoughts on the prices,newer gen ivy bridge processors and the motherboard suggested by the shop guy and the gigabyte one.
More emphasis on motherboard since I want to support a graphics card later.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
1)
Second generation 2500k 3.3ghz--rs11.5k
Motherboard DH67CL---rs5.6k
2)
3rd Gen 3450k 3.1ghz--- rs11.5k
3550k 3.3ghz---rs12.5k
DH77KCL---rs7.5K

None of them is good.

Problems:

1. Why are you buying 2500K with Intel DH67CL?
If you were to buy DH67CL, but i5-2400.

2. No processor as 3rd Gen 3450k 3.1ghz--- rs11.5k exist in real world.
No processor as 3550k 3.3ghz---rs12.5k exist in real world. Its i5-3570K

3. Again, Intel H77 with 3550K?

Simply that shopkeeper is trying to rob you off or that guy is an idiot. Avoid that shop.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
IF you want to buy H67 board , you have to a locked Intel Processor .
That shopkeeper is simply a noob.
He is Trying to Cheat you .

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: Buy the config, already suggested by Tech_Wiz in his post.
That is the best you can get ~35K. Buy them and be happy for at least next 2 years.

OP
H

hrgagan

Broken In
Ok, I just wanted you guys to know about the prices, in fact it is i3570k 3.4GHZ, price he quoted is 12.5k I just checked with him again. Now I don't need a graphics card as Tech_wiz suggested. I was thinking why not invest that money on a better equipped part like say a motherboard/processor/SSD/CASE, that being said i am actually happy with the Config Tech_wiz put up. A note on why everyone suggesting a intel mobo why not the gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H or the ASUS ones.
Thanks

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Due to your budget which is working as constraint in suggesting those boards.

If you plan to buy i5-3570K, then you should buy GA-Z77X-UD3H.
But you are getting i5-3570K @12.5K???
It sounds fishy to me. Cause, even, primeabgb selling it for 16K. So, your shopkeeper, can't just sell it for 12.5K. Cross check it again, before deciding to buy it.

OP
H

hrgagan

Broken In
@d6bmg: Thanks for pointing that out.

I would also like to know any good shops to buy from SP road, I just barged into some shop and requested them for the latest config in the market...
So far I have Tech_Wiz's config, I was thinking of chucking the option of a GPU, any ideas as to where I can invest that into. May be a better Mobo & Processor combo...

Thanks again....

OP
H

hrgagan

Broken In
Ok sorry for the delay guys, I was really busy with some personal work...
I am happy splurging that extra 10K... Well I ended up picking my pc yesterday and here it goes...

Thank you so much Tech_Wiz,d6bmg and Sainatrajan.

• Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHZ-Rs 12300
  • ASROCK Z68 Pro-3M-Rs 6750
  • GSkill 4gb 1600mhz ddr3-Rs 1650
  • 1 TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm-Rs4750
  • Logitech MK260 Keyboard & Mouse-Rs1300
  • Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet-Rs1800
  • ATX SMPS(Just an ordinary power supply unit to power the CPU for now, will be upgrading to a Seasonic 620/Corsiar gs600)-Rs 798

This is big, For Photoshop primarily... I ended up picking a FULL HD IPS monitor as supposed to connecting my Bravia 22" TV as my preferred Monitor...

• Dell U2312HM LED Monitor-Rs13700

Total=Rs 45200

I Recommend Ankit Infotech.
Look for a Guy named Vikas....

He's definitely approachable and can clear all your last minute doubts...

On that note Thank you all once again.

Regards,
HR

Last edited:
OP
H

hrgagan

Broken In
@ sainatrajan: its just a ordinary smps for now, planning to pick up seasonic 620/ corsair gs600...Right now out of cash, I guess I will have to wait for another week or two:)

OP
H

hrgagan

Broken In
@:the_conqueror: Not planning to overclock.. So thats something I am not really concerned off.. But thanks anyway for pointing that out...:|

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Due to your budget which is working as constraint in suggesting those boards.

If you plan to buy i5-3570K, then you should buy GA-Z77X-UD3H.
But you are getting i5-3570K @12.5K???
It sounds fishy to me. Cause, even, primeabgb selling it for 16K. So, your shopkeeper, can't just sell it for 12.5K. Cross check it again, before deciding to buy it.

Do you know for sure where I can find GA-Z77X-UD3H in kolkata, or online through CoD?

Top Bottom