Need a phone at around 15k

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
1. Budget?
Ans. 15k, can make it 20k if its worth it.

2. Display type and size?
Ans. Whichever you think would be best in this budget. In short this is not the priority or you can say that I have no idea what different kind of display sizes are available and what will be suitable for my needs.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Ans. Any form will do except for flip.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Ans. Sony, Samsung, HTC

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Ans. I would prefer a touchscreen with QWERTY but QWERTY isn't a necessity.

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Ans. I don't need a front facing camera as such for making video calls or whatever. Need a decent camera which can be used occasionally. I have a DSLR camera and i plan on using that most of the time.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Ans. Andriod

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Ans. 3G and wifi both if possible or else 3g will do.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Ans. Totally an infant in this Smart Phone world so have no idea about applications but i would like to have the GPS if possible.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Ans. multimedia, mails and internet.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Ans. None whatsoever

12. Any other info that you want to share
Ans. Just want to own a good smart phone and experience it. Never been a cellphone enthusiast so don't have much to share but i am hoping to become one. Technology of any kind intrigues me :). Display quality should be good as it will be used quite alot for watching HD video content. Music has always been a priority to me but I will always use headphones for listening to music or for watching videos so external speakers are of a little or no concern to me. Most important usage of it is going to be internet and mails. Battery backup should be good as I travel alot and need to be online at the same time.

Last edited:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
i believe you should check these 2 models..
Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com
Sony Xperia U: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
i believe you should check these 2 models..
Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com
Sony Xperia U: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com
First of all thanks for taking out time to reply to my query.

I like the Sony Xperia U and reviews are also good for it. I got this one other suggestion from flipkart- Sony Xperia Sola: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com . Is it worth the extra 4k? To be honest I can increase my budget to 20k if its really worth it. I will edit the questionnaire answer regarding budget also.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
At ~15k i think you better wait for HTC Desire X. It is not a powerhouse (uses slow dual core) and will surely be less powerful than Xperia U but it got the looks and packs a small punch without stupid 4GB memory limit or small display. Won't feel slow. At 20k (cost ~20.8k), Motorola Atrix 2 is simply unbeatable.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
MOTO Atrix is very good model.. but MOTO is discontinuing its sales from Asia.. better stay away coz' once any part got damaged.. it wud be hard time for u to get it repaired.

if u can w8 and increase ur budget go with Desire X.. if not then Xperia U is bang the buck.. its battery back up is not so good(1 day max).. bt yes display screen,resolution,color are awesome..

Pranav19

Broken In
Desire x is yet to be released. I read somewhere it has 1GHz dual core s4 processor so might cost upwards of 20k i think

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
S4 Play = ARM Cortex A5 and not the Krait (Cortex A15). So performance wise even Xperia Mini should be ahead.

OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
The only problem i found with xperia U is the storage capability. There is no mention of expandable memoryh in its specifications. On the other hand Sola's memory is expandable to 32 GB. Memory does matter to me so i guess xperia U is out of equation for me. Now which 1 should i go with motorola atrix 2 or xperia sola? Or should i wait for HTC desire x? As i have said before I don't really want to play games on my phone so don't need a very powerful processor as long as it doesn't lag while watching hd content, listening to music or any other normal usage. I can wait for desire x if it is to be launched any time soon and i can increase my budget by ~2k(i.e. 22k) if its worth it. When is it due to launch?

aroraanant

Explorer
Even I would suggest you to get Sola.
It will take around a month for Desire X to arrive in India.
Check if One V has got any software update as previously it had some software issues which were supposed to get resolved in the next software update.

OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Even I would suggest you to get Sola.
It will take around a month for Desire X to arrive in India.
Check if One V has got any software update as previously it had some software issues which were supposed to get resolved in the next software update.
Well I can't wait for 1 month so i guess I will have to choose between Sola and one V. I will go to the showroom today and check both of them out. If you guys can think of anything better in the range of 20k(22k max) please do mention it by tomorrow. I will be making my purchase tomorrow most probably.

@aroraanant Can you tell me what problems its software had so that i can be more specific with my search and enquiries?

@ALL Thanks guys for all your help. I am a complete noob in this phone world and there are just too many options available to confuse a noob like me. With your help i hope to make the best purchase possible :)

aroraanant

Explorer
One V lags in a lot of games and there few other issues too, my friend bought it and I have also used for quite a while so that is the reason I know.
If your budget is 22k then you can buy Xperia P also, and can also have a look at Sensation.

And also have a look at my this post, hope it helps

The best deal to buy Sensation is here

OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
One V lags in a lot of games and there few other issues too, my friend bought it and I have also used for quite a while so that is the reason I know.
If your budget is 22k then you can buy Xperia P also, and can also have a look at Sensation.

And also have a look at my this post, hope it helps

The best deal to buy Sensation is here
I think i will go and have a look at HTC one V and sensation both. If I find it satisfactory then i can buy it from the deal you have mentioned in that other thread. I also hope Saholic.com is trustworthy site, I have never bought anything from them so a little apprehensive.

aroraanant

Explorer
Saholic is trustworthy. don't worry about them.
I don't think you will be able to find Sensation in any store/showroom near you as it has been discontinued, but still it is a great phone out there and also have got awesome looks.

daksh

Journeyman
Sensation or Atrix 2 without a doubt. But as Moto shutting operations in Asia pacific I'd say sensation.

Top Bottom