Need a new CPU, Mobo & RAM for Gaming Rig, confused about graphics card/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Even if its an article on SB-E review, does it make any sense by comparing Phenom II in stock with SB-E. But have a look at all the other processor line up. they are clocked in stock....

If there is a newly launched processor in the market which is the successor of existing line up, then it doesn't mean reviews can go on comparing their stock capabilities & prove how niche the predecessors were.

Anyway the Performance chart of 3820 proves everything else....Want to see how it performs in real world then forget market gimmicks & do an apple to apple comparision.

I dont think u got my point... it was a SB-E review... so only SB-E were overclocked... and the overclocked CPU's are meant to be compared with their stock counter parts only.... comparing an OCed 3820 SB-E to stock 3930 is also not fair.... get it now??

and what do you mean by forget market gimmicks and do an apple to apple comparison?? Did TH/W not do that already?!

d3p

PowerHouse
The topic, which we are discussing right now, doesn't cater OP from any side.

Let me put an "THE END" to this discussion.

see this link "Anandtech 3820 vs 2600k Benchmark"

^All in stock clocks^. Check the productivity part & Gaming Benchs, answer me IS IT WORTH THE INVESTMENT ??????

See the performance difference & calculate the money involved in achieving that small performance gain. oh Sorry, i can't even say its a gain...

Now this is called apple to apple comparison.

d3p

PowerHouse
Dude, its not the point of argument.

Its all about the performance with respect to the investment & purpose.

The purpose of OP is simple here, i.e Gaming & Video Encoding-Decoding & an i7 2600k performs far better than 3820....

Off Topic: I hope you are aware of the forum rules.

d3p

PowerHouse
Skud, there is no real world performance difference between a i7 2600K and i7 3820 Sandybridge E processor, especially for the kind of applications you are going to use. The performance chart might make 3820 something superior...but in real life...I don't think so. Also the i7 3820 + X79 combo will cost you 10K + higher than a i7 2600K + Z68 combo.

regarding your query about Quicksync, Go with P67 chipset based premium motherboard. Really, HD 7970 based encoders will offer you better quality output when compared to Quicksync, time taken might be little higher, but again in real life even 2-3 min difference doesn't matter.

This quoted message was posted by CILUS. I hope someone has really read this message before stretching this thread till now.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
guys each has its own benefits!

3820 - helpful if you need higher memory bandwidth, or need those large number of pcie lanes or need pcie 3.0, upgrade to ivy bridge E

2600k - lower TDP, quick sync, upgrade to ivy bridge

platform cost -
2600k - 18.9k + UD7 - 17-18k
3820 - 15-16k + P9X79 - 19k

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thread Locked. Skud is smart enough to buy himself.

Post to help someone out. Not to prove a point. This is for everyone.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ok you're too stupid to argue. Bye Bye! :)

Lionking, from now on stop using abusive language to other members. Everybody may have their own opinion n not agreeing with your point doesn`t make anyone stupid. Consider it as a warning for forum rule violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom