Need a Netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I need a Netbook for my sister. She'll be leaving India soon so better be of an International brand. Pour in ur suggestion, price and availability ASAP, I've personally zeroed in on ASUS Eee PC 904HA but a second thought is always appreciated. :lol:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Have an ASUS eeepc 1000H
Reviewed it here (read ALL posts)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105331

and if you want to run Ubuntu-eee or Easypeasy see this thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106352

Sourabh

Laptoping
I would recommend the Samsung NC10 as it's really the complete package (10-inch screen, 6-cell battery, etc). With any netbook, you'd be spending around 20k and get basically the same hardware. So it all comes down to what are the priorities going in for a netbook. The 8.9" netbooks are a dying breed and 3-cell battery on most entry-level netbooks is a severe limitation. So spending a few extra grands and going for a premium netbook makes a lot of sense. The NC10 is priced around 25k. You can even consider the HP Mini 1001TU which costs 22-23k and has an excellent keyboard (but a 3-cell battery). Opt for 8.9" Aspire One or Eee PC only if you're on budget restrictions.

dpuk

teh 479
should you be interested in buying a 2 months old Asus Eee Pc 1000H(80gb), then pm me....... New condition.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
When I told her that Netbooks don't have an optical drive, she backed out and now wants a cheap laptop that has optical drive too, Webcam,1GB or more RAM and 100GB+ HDD. :???:

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
So now the deal is this, I need a laptop, preferably of a MNC, under or of 25K with:

1. Integrated webcam
  2. DVD drive
  3. 1GB or more RAM
  4. 80GB or more HDD
  5. International Warranty if possible and available.
:lol: :wink:

dpuk

teh 479
Just bump your budget to rs30000 and you can get a very decent dual core configuration from Acer, Compaq or even Dell(dell for rs 32000).

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Babu log, Price is the deal breaker and main constraint here. If I had the dough, wudn't even have asked here, just went away and bought it. Any how now I'm also lookin' at some Indian brands too who r giving cheap but good products. :cool:

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Sure, Eee PC are also good, Asus recently launched Eee 1004DN, first netbook to come with an optical drive but they added another flaw n it. It now has a 1.8inch 120GB PATA HDD. :-x

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
LOLz...
Well, there are Dell Vostro Laptops that I saw in paper ads.

They come with Pentium Dual Core and 1GB RAM and they cost some 28k, but all less than 32k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom