Need a Low cost Gaming Laptop, ASAP!

lordirecto

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I need to use the laptop for every day work and also gaming. Java programming, wi-fi connectivity, WLAN turned on most of the time to access internet.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Max budget is 50k, but I want to get it for cheapest price.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Will make it into Multi Boot, will use Ubuntu.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Not a deciding factor as I have a portable hard drive.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: N/A

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as I make a decision in a few hours. I need the laptop to be delivered before next monday, 2nd September 2013.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, I have a desktop that I built myself. However it is unrelated to the query I got at hand.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Coimbatore. Would like to buy online. Preferably cash on delivery.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am coming back to Thing Digit after a long time. Hope you guys are doing great!

EDIT: I am looking for a lowest power consumption model. But its not absolute, as I do not want to compromise on GPU.

ankush28

Bazinga
moderators please move this to laptop section!!!
@ lordirecto answer the "template for buying laptop" from laptop section :)

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
moderators please move this to laptop section!!!
@ lordirecto answer the "template for buying laptop" from laptop section :)

Oh, there is a seperate laptop section now?! A lot of things have changed I guess :D

Thanks for pointing it out.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Sony VAIO Fit 15E F15218SN/W Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Sony: Flipkart.com

Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^Its a Core i3 with a HD7570 @ Rs 48000,not good for gaming or the money. For the same money he can get an i7 or an i5 with better GPU.

Dell Inspiron 14z Ultrabook -Rs.47,990.

Now after the link edit its making sense.But still its the 14Z taking us to 14R page!!!

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Get the following eyes closed. You won't regret the decision:

Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

8750m is quite a capable and decent performer. Pair that with a 3rd gen i5, and you have a decent gaming laptop at your disposal.

Its also surprisingly light, tipping the scales just below 2 kg (1.99 kg to be precise). The best ultrathin at this price.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well, better check some reviews of that Samsung laptop before purchasing. There is no doubt that the laptop is pretty powerful both in terms of GPU and CPU but the problem is they are packed inside a very slim chasis. Now neither the Processor or the GPU are a power efficient variants (ULV processor) and might cause good amount of heat generation during high load because of the slim form factor and can cause throttling. So better check some review and customer opinions in different forums before making the purchase.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Get the following eyes closed. You won't regret the decision:

Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

8750m is quite a capable and decent performer. Pair that with a 3rd gen i5, and you have a decent gaming laptop at your disposal.

Its also surprisingly light, tipping the scales just below 2 kg (1.99 kg to be precise). The best ultrathin at this price.

+1 from me

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Found some really interesting options for you. Consider nvidia GT740m based laptops too as its also an able performer.

Check the following:

Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

A cheaper option than the samsung packing the same cpu but Gt740m instead.

HP Pavilion 15-e001AX Notebook (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

This is AMD Richland based cpu core and has 8670m along with the APU's IGP. Reviews of A10 cpu's are quite good and you can save considerable amount going for this one, without any loss in performance.

Sony VAIO Fit 15E F15218SN/W Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Sony: Flipkart.com

Finally the Sony packs in a ULV processor that the samsung lacked along with the GT740M. The combo is quite strong as well as efficient.

Now take your pick buddy.

Cilus

laborare est orare
That lenovo laptop weights 2.89 kg, its a desktop replacement, not laptop.

Another suggestion is Toshiba Satellite P50-A X3110 @ 42.6K (43.4K with Rs 800 cash back). It comes with a 3rd Gen i5 ULV 3337U (1.8 GHz to 2,7 GHz turbo), GT 740M 2GB, 4GB Ram and 750GB HDD along with 2 USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports. The looks of this laptop and keyboard looks better; and all in a 2.35 kg weight.
Toshiba Satellite P50-A X3110 Laptop (3rd Gen Intel Core i5 3337U- 4GB RAM- 750GB HDD- 15.6 Inches- Win8- 2GB Graph) (Premium Brushed-Metallic Smart Silver with Inlet Logo) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

Cilus

laborare est orare
@ Cilus
You serious ??
u are suggesting a ULVproccesor for gaming?? Heck that's almost an 2nd gen i3. :-|

Buddy, there is a difference between an i3 and i5, i3 does not support Turbo whereas i5 does support it. The i5 I have suggested can actually run at 2.7 GHz turbo speed under high load and I think that is sufficient for running games, at least to drive a HD 8750M in its fullest potential.

Resolution is 1366X768. that sucks

Rather than this kind of sarcastic comments, why don't you just suggest an Laptop with much higher resolution within OP's budget? Seriously, that above statement is simply spamming, nothing else.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Buddy, there is a difference between an i3 and i5, i3 does not support Turbo whereas i5 does support it. The i5 I have suggested can actually run at 2.7 GHz turbo speed under high load and I think that is sufficient for running games, at least to drive a HD 8750M in its fullest potential.

But GT 740M is a bit better IMO.

ankush28

Bazinga
i am also against ULV processors :) though they have turbo boost but so what huh in gaming they are crap

i am also against ULV processors :) though they have turbo boost but so what huh in gaming they are crap

why this thread is still not moved to laptop section ...x(

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Resolution is 1366X768. that sucks

Not only was that lame trolling but it also shows how ignorant u are about pc gaming!@op dont worry a 1366x768 resolution won't hold u down even for a bit and is not at all bad like some ppl here exaggerate with comments such as "low quality,splashed colours etc" i frankly don't see much of a difference in a screen of that size
When it comes to larger displays such as tvs or bigger monitors yes higher is better
Take the dell 14r or hp g6 they are great performers and have better build quality and service centres than Samsung which doesn't value their customers one bit

Top Bottom