Need a Laptop for Programming/Photo Editing

g160689

Broken In
I will be using the notebook/laptop mainly for this following things:
1. Programming in different ide( also contains running database servers & web servers)
2. Photo editing using photoshop, lightroom
3. Internet browsing
4. Office documentations
5. HQ Movies and music

Looking for longer battery life and portable solution withing 30k(inr) strictly. Lower prices would be preferable.
Please suggest with reason.

aroraanant

Explorer
Have a look at Asus P53E-SO059D but for photo editing a dedicated graphic card is recommended(though it is not must) which is not there but it has got i5 which will help you in doing all your tasks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Looking for longer battery life and portable solution withing 30k(inr) strictly. Lower prices would be preferable.

Asus X53TA is another good option if you need good battery life. BTW what do you mean by portable solution? small size or light weight?

aroraanant

Explorer
Asus X53TA is another good option if you need good battery life. BTW what do you mean by portable solution? small size or light weight?

But Asus P series is much better, it has got i5 whose performance will be much better than X53TA

OP
G

g160689

Broken In

I mean small size which is easy to carry. Of course i cannot quote on the weight, because it varies with model.

I found the trackpad and button very comfortable in HP, sony and lenovo models than asus. Are the trackpad & button are good of those model you are suggesting..?

One more issue, after searching different threads, will the amd quad core will cause the battery to run out faster?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I mean small size which is easy to carry. Of course i cannot quote on the weight, because it varies with model.

you can check the product page in manufacturers website. at times they also include weight.

I found the trackpad and button very comfortable in HP, sony and lenovo models than asus. Are the trackpad & button are good of those model you are suggesting..?

HP have one of the best trackpads. Sadly the trackpad itself heat up quite badly in a short time. Of all the HPs i have used, most have this problem. Little heavy task and laptop will start to burn your lap. Annoying is the only word i can say.

About sony, 14" Sony are light. 15.6" are usually on the heavier side. Whereas Asus & Samsung have some excellent lightweight models. The one i have recommended weights only 2.4kg without charger. 24.Kg for a 15.6" is not common. But heard a lot of complain regarding its screen and touchpad (which is important for you)

One more issue, after searching different threads, will the amd quad core will cause the battery to run out faster?

check this post by Monk. This is quite a feast. And he is not lying. Even reviews says the same.

Monk

Journeyman
Toshiba Satellite C640-X4013 Netbook (PSC2UG-00S001) Indigo Blue with Tops Pattern.
Core i5 with 500GB HDD. 14". Personally I'm no fan of toshiba but its the only i5 under 30K. (online), Otherwise check out the MSI on the other thread its 33K.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want a i5 processor with good build quality then you will get in 15" laptops only.
In 14" you will get good laptops with i3 only, here are the available options:
Lenovo Thinkpad Edge Series E420 (1141-FSQ)- this laptop has the best build quality
Dell Vostro 3450
Dell Inspiron 13z- this one is good option if portability is of major concern, and Win7 is a bonus in it.

OP
G

g160689

Broken In
Probably the last question, is overheating a common phonomenon with laptops/notebooks even today. Or the business range are better in maintaining temperature.
I would like to know if there is any laptop out there which does not overheat or has less overheating problems.

aroraanant

Explorer
Overheating issues has been resolved in most of the laptops but they do heat. HP is prone to this issue but have heard that it has now resolved but I still doubt.
Asus and sony don't have any overheating issues.

aroraanant

Explorer
Thinkpads are really good, the have very good build quality and no heating issues but as said by SAM they are quite heavy and thick but how can we forget that they are thinkpads. ;)

Top Bottom