Need a Graphics card

ottoman

Right off the assembly line
I have a Raidmax RX-380k ATX12V power supply, and am looking for a PCIe card that can run DirectX 9 in the $50-$150 price range. I have a Foxconn MCP73M06 motherboard. I have no idea which cards are compatible with my computer. Help!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Firstly you need to get an idea. Read this thread completely: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

Second, I can't seem to find the specifications of your motherboard on the internet. It should have a PCI-express slot, but are you sure? You need to only have a PCI-express slot to run a graphic card. Which processor do you have?

The PSU which you have isn't a good one. Max what I'd suggest you to run is HD 6570, HD 5670 or HD 6670. Don't go beyond these as your power supply isn't a good one. HD 6670 GDDR5 retails for $90.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@ottoman, download a software named speccy. install it & post a screenshot of first page as well as motherboard page. it should show a bit of details about your underlying board & its free slots.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - tell us at what resoulution you will play games and what cpu do you have ??

the PSu you have can only deliver 11A on +12v rail - so you better first get a good PSu like Corsair CX430v2 around ~2.2k.

Your mobo Foxconn MCP73M06 has one pci-e x16 slot but if you want to get a AMD based card make sure you have the latest Bios version installed first - for gfx card try to get HD6670 @ 5k / HD6750 @ 6k or HD6770 @7k ;-)

Top Bottom