Need a GPU around 19K

ASHISH65

Technomancer
OK, If i buy a Zotac 660Ti 2GB is there any chance of getting lag in crysis 3 on HDTV ?

In future can i buy some other graphic card and connect both of them to work together to get awesome results ?

haaaaaaaaa :lol::lol: for multigpus you need whole new system and mobo which supports multigpus.you are thinking faraway.

learn here - *www.tomshardware.com/forum/245454-33-crossfire-faqs

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Ok .. This is getting too complicated.

1)22 or 23K max
2)Want to play graphic intensive games in a 46 inch HDTV without any lag for atleast 2 and a half years.

Zotac 660Ti

Will the above satisfy that ??
Or some other suggestion ?

Thank You!

46inch or 55 inch, the native resolution for hdtv's are 1080p.

First of all, 7870 is slower than a 660-ti. But its pricing is low and thus has good value.
I would recommend the 660-ti. At 1080p, it actually is a tad ahead than 7950 with latest 320.18 whql drivers.

Check the following:

*i.imgur.com/XJ3jAV5.gif

This is taken from the techpowerup review of evga 780 superclocked.

EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler 3 GB Review | techPowerUp

But i would suggest you to wait for the respective 7xx series refresh. After 780, two more cards will launch next month namely Gtx 770 and gtx 760-ti.
Both of them are rebranded 680 and 670 with other improvements and high clock speeds. The things that are notable are the rumored low price points.
The 770 is rumored to be around $399 and 760-ti to be $250-$299. Since 780 is already available in india, i suppose the 760-ti will just replace 660-ti's price, as soon as it launches.

Waiting a bit more would be a sensible decision from your side.

Cilus

laborare est orare
My suggestion will be HD 7870XT which is retailing at 16.4K + 4% tax in Vedant Computer, Kolkata. Although they don't have any Online Portal, order can be placed through Telephone. A lot of forum members have purchased components from them in the same manner. Ya, it performs slightly slower than than GTX 660 Ti but the price difference isn't justified. Also the card comes with Sapphire's standard copper pipe based Dual Fan Cooler and can be overclocked to improve performance and can touch 660 Ti.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
@vickybat - thanks for your concern,But i don't have that much time :(
@cilus - i will think about that !

BTW if any other better graphic cards at same budget are available around the U.S or Brunei, please let me know..
I have some friends there.. I can get cards from there :lol:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@vickybat - thanks for your concern,But i don't have that much time :(
@cilus - i will think about that !

BTW if any other better graphic cards at same budget are available around the U.S or Brunei, please let me know..
I have some friends there.. I can get cards from there :lol:

read the post above and if you don't care here's some good deals for you :
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, HD7970

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Hello should i get the ordinary 660Ti version
or the amp! version
or the amp! extreme version

any huge difference ?? Should i go for the eXtreme ?

or should i go with
ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II TOP

Get amp! edition if the price differernce between non amp! and amp! isn't much. Basically, you are paying for the factory staff overclocking the card for you, which you can do yourself too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello should i get the ordinary 660Ti version
or the amp! version
or the amp! extreme version

any huge difference ?? Should i go for the eXtreme ?

or should i go with
ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II TOP

overclocking and one of the best gpu cooler - nothing beats Asus GTX 660 TI DC2 Top ;-)

GTX 660 Ti Roundup (ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, Galaxy, MSI) - Page 24

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Bought a ASUS 660 Ti Cu2Top OC ! :razz:
21.8 K - Chennai

Thank you guys so much for the discussion and help :)

Bit worried whether my PSU - Cooler master eXtreme power plus 600W (RS-600-PCAR-E3) would provide the power necessary for the OC :(

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Congrats for your purchase mate. :) That is one beast of a gpu.

Buuut.....change that psu asap. It's blacklisted and has a very high failure rate. It might go poof and take the gpu with it.
Sell it off and invest in a corsair or seasonic 600w. Corsair GS 600 will be fine.

Finally, do post some pics of your card. :)

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Thank you :)
Ok .. I will change the PSU too .
Is the GS600 future proof ? Cause if i buy a gpu for some 30K some 3years after, will i be forced to change the GPU again ?

If yes then suggest me a good PSU that will be future proof

Sell the PSU ? Local or sonewhere else ? I dont have an idea .. is there any buy back scheme available across INDIA ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
GS600 and s12 620 both should be able to handle a SLI setup of GTX 660 Ti just fine.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
well that depends on the cpu you are going to upgrade to .. most SB/IB/HS cpu will go well with GTX 660 ti Sli setup even ~ 4.5/ 4.3 Ghz OCed setup is be possible but for cpus like Sandy Bridge-E Core i7 3820 or core i7 3960X EE cpu/gpu overclocking may not be a very good idea - same goes for cpus like FX 8350 - if you intend to use any of these power hungry cpus look for 650/700W PSU.

Top Bottom