need a good sound system (computer)

is there any audio engine product which i can get the a5 are around 48k i saw in one website........i am buying 1st of march please suggest names i checked out the logitech z906 it retails for around 18.5k but i did not like the sound it didn't have the clarity was way loud though

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Currently which sound-card do you have?

Increase in budget possible?
Cause I was tempted to suggest you Edifier S550, which will cost ~23K.

tkin

Back to school!!
is there any audio engine product which i can get the a5 are around 48k i saw in one website........i am buying 1st of march please suggest names i checked out the logitech z906 it retails for around 18.5k but i did not like the sound it didn't have the clarity was way loud though
If you are audiophile, you need to go for 2.0, Audio Engine A2+Xonar is a good setup:
Speakers
Internal Card

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
For 5.1 get a Pioneer HTP-071 for Rs 18990 and connect it to your PC. Anyday better over your PC peripheral maker's speakers.

And if you are a purist and wants music out two channels(speakers) or in other words a stereo set up let me know.

Currently which sound-card do you have?

Increase in budget possible?
Cause I was tempted to suggest you Edifier S550, which will cost ~23K.

i don't have an external sound card yet................my budget is around 30k now

For 5.1 get a Pioneer HTP-071 for Rs 18990 and connect it to your PC. Anyday better over your PC peripheral maker's speakers.

And if you are a purist and wants music out two channels(speakers) or in other words a stereo set up let me know.

i am a purist and i do some recording works on my guitar that involves mixing it to the point where i can get the best sound out of it

i do have a decent pair of monitors that i use for the same....................but in this buy i am looking for a good movie experiance.....songs i listen to old school death and thrash...also if it can be used for playing games

really need some powerful sounds so that me and my buddies can have a circle of death in my room you know like in gigs the P.A systems man i wish there was something like that in a small form factor....

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
I recently bought pioneer htp 071 they are really good. Before these I was using logitech z5500d. Now I have connected my speakers to ps3 n pc. Gaming n movie experience is awesome. About music I can't tell right now.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
i don't have an external sound card yet................my budget is around 30k now

i am a purist and i do some recording works on my guitar that involves mixing it to the point where i can get the best sound out of it

i do have a decent pair of monitors that i use for the same....................but in this buy i am looking for a good movie experiance.....songs i listen to old school death and thrash...also if it can be used for playing games

really need some powerful sounds so that me and my buddies can have a circle of death in my room you know like in gigs the P.A systems man i wish there was something like that in a small form factor....

By old school death and thrash Im taking in these bands just for eg....say... Obituary/Death and Slayer/Sodom. Now they have compressed highs which make them a pain when listening through a harsh system ,in my opinion a laid back/warm system with a right mix of energy make them sound good. But then we all have budget and it is here where we have to start compromising.

Since you want a movie experience and want "COD" also its better to go in for a surround system,since you already have monitors. A good one would be the Onkyo HT-S 3500 for Rs 28000 max. But IMO if you can extend the budget better get a Marantz 1501 and Boston Soundware XS 5.1. 22+24 = Rs 46000.
Klipsch , JBL and some lower end Jamos have that PA effect when driven hard but they will cost quite a packet with matching amp. You have to hear TOOL's Schism/Jerk Off (live) on Klipsch and Denon (stereo)combo ..... hair raising scary......:twisted:

Dont spend a dime on a soundcard because both Onkyo and Marantz have Digital ins so they will clock the incoming digital signal from your motherboard.Just buy a good digital cable.

Last edited:
By old school death and thrash Im taking in these bands just for eg....say... Obituary/Death and Slayer/Sodom. Now they have compressed highs which make them a pain when listening through a harsh system ,in my opinion a laid back/warm system with a right mix of energy make them sound good. But then we all have budget and it is here where we have to start compromising.

Since you want a movie experience and want "COD" also its better to go in for a surround system,since you already have monitors. A good one would be the Onkyo HT-S 3500 for Rs 28000 max. But IMO if you can extend the budget better get a Marantz 1501 and Boston Soundware XS 5.1. 22+24 = Rs 46000.
Klipsch , JBL and some lower end Jamos have that PA effect when driven hard but they will cost quite a packet with matching amp. You have to hear TOOL's Schism/Jerk Off (live) on Klipsch and Denon (stereo)combo ..... hair raising scary......:twisted:

Dont spend a dime on a soundcard because both Onkyo and Marantz have Digital ins so they will clock the incoming digital signal from your motherboard.Just buy a good digital cable.

where will i get the things you mentioned.........i heard the pioneer and the onkyo man both were so dissapointing............i have decided to go further with my budget maybe 50-60k or more i don't care i need the stage sound experiance you know the feeling you get when your standing in the first row behind you have 50k + people and demolition hammer is ripping things apart (tears in my eyes)..........i need a very punchy system that stays good even at extreme level........i did hear a KS-525 in pune and man it was amazing but thats too much for me to bear at this interval

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Get a pair of Cervin Vega CLS 215 and a Denon PMA 720AE / Yamaha AX 497 together should come within Rs 90,000. But do take an audition before buying.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Rivera International :: Distributors of Audio Solutions, Audio-Video equipment, pro sound, studio sound, broadcast sound, home audio equipment, xenon lamps and dj audio equipment.

Have a word with them.

Top Bottom