Need a good config.???

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
I need a good config. CPU ranging around Rs.18,000.

No need for a Monitor,keyboard,mouse,speakers.

I think AMD series have a good VFM..

Purpose:
Play 1080p videos and Latest Racing Games.

Special Requirements:
500 GB HDD
DVD drive
2GB RAM (DDR3 or DDR2 based on mobo)
T.V tuner card

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
Can u plz fill the PC building questionnaire??coz u haven't provided much information like do u want only the CPU for 18k or other components too?Wats ur requirementsn so on!!!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@ssb
he edited his post

@dmanojkmr

AMD Athlon II x3 435 @ 3.5k
MSI 785GM E51 @ 3.7k
Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.1k
Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 @ 5k
WD 500GB Blue @ 1.8k
FSP saga II 350W @ 1.5k
CM Elie 310 @ 1.5k

Total - 19.1k

According to me its worth spending 19k on this rig for gaming. i dont know about tv tuners though.
also which monitor you are having?

Last edited:
OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
@ssb
he edited his post

@dmanojkmr

MSI 785GM E51 @ 3.7k
Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 @ 5k
WD 500GB Blue @ 1.8k
FSP saga II 350W @ 1.5k
CM Elie 310 @ 1.5k

Total - 19.1k

According to me its worth spending 19k on this rig for gaming. i dont know about tv tuners though.
also which monitor you are having?

Is it a must that we should have a decent GPU to run Racing games ( i'm not interested in counter strike) or If the mobo comes with inbuilt Graphics will it handle ?

I'm just avoiding GPU's to afford more on " Processor & Mobo "
Monitor: Samsung sync master 923nw 19''

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Long back "Sam.Shab" suggested me this config.

Athlon II x4 630 2.8 Ghz ----> Rs.4725
Biostar TA785G3 HD -----> Rs.3950
Kingston 2Gb DDR3 1333Mhz ----->Rs.2550
PSU: FSP Saga II 400W ------>2.2k
zebronics biji ---->Rs. 1150

Is this config is much more better than The above mentioned config .???

also i need to include a DVD drive.

ssb1551

Technomancer
u need a discreet GPU to play Carbon,Undercover,Split Second n so on with details turned on @ high resolution..if u wanna play @ low resolution with most of the details turned off then IGP will suffice!!

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Can u plz fill the PC building questionnaire??coz u haven't provided much information like do u want only the CPU for 18k or other components too?Wats ur requirementsn so on!!!

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Play 1080p videos, Racing Games ,
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:i go for VFM products
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:Rs.18,000
4. Planning to overclock?
A:"i am not good at it. Confused ??"
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:xp
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500gb

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:5
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:I haven't bought a new 1 & built it on my own.but reassembled my old PC
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:In a months time
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:yes
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:T.V tuner card
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:chennai
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:5.1 audio Ports, HDMI port,Inbuilt Graphics as i may upgrade to a decent GPU in the near future

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
u need a discreet GPU to play Carbon,Undercover,Split Second n so on with details turned on @ high resolution..if u wanna play @ low resolution with most of the details turned off then IGP will suffice!!

ok.Let me not try the GPU's now.I'll Plan it in the future.
Suggest me with IGP's

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Guys Really confused what to buy

Athlon II X2 250 3GHz @ 3K -->BEST VFM

Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz @ 4.8k --> The _MOST_ VFM CPU ever

got these data from this link
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/96218-hardware-spec-sheet-price-update.html

what among these should i go for??

will it be future proof to get
Athlon II X2 250 3GHz @ 3K -->BEST VFM ???

ssb1551

Technomancer
"future proof" wud depend on wat kinda applications u r gonna use...say if ur into 3D animation n rendering or into Photoshop's latest application or Adobe's latest then it wud be better for u to get a quad or 6-core processor.BUT if u r into games then a dual core wud suffice but u wud need a damn good GPU!!So it all depends on u!!

Gollum

Collector
I go by the instruction sets. If you need ssse3 and 4.1 then its intel only. This, however, is specific to application only. For emulation and cpu intensive tasks go for intel. For gaming and casual computing you can use amd.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
AMD Athlon II x4 635 @ 5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
WD 500GB Blue @ 2k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k
FSP saga II 500W @ 2.2k
CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k

Total - 18.2k

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I Got a doubt regarding the HDD Ports
I want a clear difference for the below
e-Sata--->
SataII--->
Sata-III-->

esata is external sata which is used for connecting external hdds. its present on mobo rear I/O panel or cabby front.
sata is present on the mobo and is used for connecting internal hdds. sata II has speed of 3gb/s and sata III has speed of 6gb/s.
the mobo i mentioned has sata II which is most common these days. for sata III look at MSI 880GMA E45 @ 5.6k

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
I fixed my mind in going for AMD X4 635

now it comes to motherboard..what's the best advantage in going for Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H rather than others ( like Biostar TA785G3 HD -----> Rs.3950 )

I asked for FSP saga II 500W.It's not available in chennai. what's else can i get ??

esata is external sata which is used for connecting external hdds. its present on mobo rear I/O panel or cabby front.
sata is present on the mobo and is used for connecting internal hdds. sata II has speed of 3gb/s and sata III has speed of 6gb/s.
the mobo i mentioned has sata II which is most common these days.

Do e-sata and sata II differ with the external & internal arrangements or they have different ports (i.e can we connect the HDD to either of them ?? )

Do we have to get the Cables ( IDE cable bus; sata cable ) or will it come with the mobo

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ get the Gigabyte if able find it for 4.5-5k, else get the Bio*. but i doubt you'll find the biostar. its out of market (the particular board).

check Gigabyte 400-460W & Corsair 400W.

e-sata is same as sata/II. cause to e-sata ports connect sata points on board & cabinet/board rear.

motherboard comes with all the cables. but in limited quantity. say 2 sata cables at best (budget board) & a single PATA cable.

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
which 1 is best Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 compared to Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H .coz the former comes with USB 3 with just a Rs.500 more..

what's special in WDC 500Gb Green to WDC 500Gb blue

most of you use WDC 500Gb Green

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
yes you can get the usb3 one if you want. you may also want to look at MSI 880GMA E45 @ 5.6k or Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H @ 5.5k which offer sata 3 also in addition to usb3.

green is a power saver drive while blue is a performance drive.

actually i and sammy had ordered a blue from smcinternational but they had sent us a green!:-D

Top Bottom