need a dac

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Dude, get a guitar from Music direct. Really good pricing for classic vibe 50 and other guitars. I wish I had a relative in US :p

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Honestly speaking those orthos are not what orthos actually are. For $300 they are not at all worth it. If you want to spend $300 on excellent and award winning cans get the Philips Fidelio X1, its a no brainer of a choice. I have my eyes set on them as soon as I sell my MDR SA 5000. Or may be keep em' both......

I did like the HE 400 a lot but still would buy the amazing Philips Fidelios for $300 .

But yes they are open backs and best for home use.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I dont believe in the word upgrade when its audio. You buy what you like,you buy what sounds good,you buy what matches your source or the characteristics of your potentiometers (amps). Momentum has a different sound signature from both the Philips and the HE400 which are little similar. But the Philips has an edge over all. If yiu are averse to open back I guarantee you they dont sound as laid back as the AKG 701 which I own and that amazes me,how did Philips make it so closed back fast retaining that wide open backs soundstaging,thats Philips.Bass goes real deep too with good extension texture and decay.A great buy.

But if you really dont want the open back X1 look at the M1 And the L1 both superb.

If you want to know more about the HE 400 let me know. They are great but that X1 is better.

ricky641b

Journeyman
Guyz i also need DAC but under 5k? i want to connect my Latest HDTV (only Supports Digital optical Out) to my old Stereo Amplifier..Plz suggest me best DAC... i was searching on this website.plz tell is their any good DAC's here....
Search - DAC

OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
finally got my hands on fiiox3, hifiman he400, clip+

very lively sound... i didnt get it when people discuss in their reviews of headphones that they are sounding like sitting in front row, back row... now i got to know it

very smooth sound... and details now i can hear vibrations of guitar clearly

he400 has awesome soundstage.. bass is tight and has impact, also well textured...

now my momentum on-ear got life with x3.. x3 can easily drive my momentum with its built-in amp... momentum sounds beautiful with these... bass got tighten up, treble smoothened, more space now

i liked pairing x3 with he400 which gives dark sound but detailing and lively
when switching to momentum with x3 sound get more brighter and energetic

clip+ sounds very good

now i can hear difference b/w mp3s and flacs
i'm listening over and over again linkin park's my december flac... its sounds very smooth and lively.. when playing mp3 of my december i can hear the difference... music got loosen up... with flac i'm hearing tightened, smooth, crisp music while mp3 sounding boring compared to flac

i also got koss ktxpro1 titanium for $10.. it sounds suprisingly good... has strong bass... very nice one...

Last edited:
OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
now i understood meaning of transparency with my gear

thnx to incinerator, hakimtai... u guys have good knowledge about gear and its nice of you to help people here in suggesting good gear... also to josin

sorry for bothering incinerator, hakimtai with mypms'... especially incinerator.. thnx for your replies and detailed explanation..

Last edited:
OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
he400 bass is awesome... tight.. has impact.. well extended and textured...

he400's out-of-head soundstage is amazing and imaging is nice

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Massive Attack/Chemical Brothers /Prodigy
Enya/Celine Dion/Sade/Alicia Keys
AC/DC , Metallica (Black Album onwards),Dire Straits ,Pink Floyd, A7X,Radiohead,Nine Inch Nails ,Tool

Top Bottom