Need a budget P&S for a start, please help

OP
clickclick

clickclick

Journeyman
12.6 k is too much for sx160is.
Did u try 2 find this locally in u r city?
On ebay its min 11.4k, fine. Ask the seller if the product comes with original manufacturer waranty card? N is it deliverable 2 u r address. N always buy frm power seller when on ebay. U can get further discount if u hav icici or similar bank acc. Also u wud hav 2 get rechargeble batteries n charger.

No, I have not been to local dealers. I shall go today.

Powerseller on ebay- Price listed 11,500 after 7% ICICI discount- 10,695
Envie Power Charger + Eneloop 2100mah 4 batteries- 1,270 with shipping of 110, after 7% discount- 1,181
Sandisk Ultra SDHC 8Gb Class 10 Memory Card from Flipkart- 538
Total Camera + Accessories= 12414 and I will have an extra 4Gb Card + Carry Pouch

What say guys? Aur kuch better ho sakta hai?

OP
clickclick

clickclick

Journeyman
Now when i fully made up my mind for canon sx160is, one of our member in another thread said, "features are the same except the improved autofocus and zoom from 12x to 16x, why put extra 3-4k, buy canon sx150is"

Damn, and i am confused again. I said i wont ask anyone again, but i am 'majboor' to ask this, "canon sx150is or canon sx160is"?

Thanks

Last edited:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
^ you re getting more zoom for just 3k... SX160 is a better deal.... It is always good to have more zoom... especially while taking shots of birds, insects or shots with creamy blurred background/bokeh.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Click, What state are you? Still confused?

SX150 - You just wanna fiddle with manual exposure controls before upgrading to a DSLR. As far as controls is concern, both SX150 and SX160 are same.
SX160 - Since you have the budget for SX160, you can go for it. Better focal range, improved AF, battery life. I think it's worth that extra 3 grand.

Don't get confused. You will be OK with any of those two.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah once u get ur cam...you will have to learn a lot soo get any of them...get SX160 coz in P&S newer is sometimes better..

OP
clickclick

clickclick

Journeyman
Re: Need a budget P&S for a start, please help

Finally decided and wont change my decision, going in for a Canon SX160IS. I would be buying it from ebay and this would be my first big purchase from ebay. Kindly help me choose a seller.

New Canon Powershot Camera SX160 IS 16MP 16X+4GB+Case+Vat Bill | eBay

Canon PowerShot SX160 IS 16MP 16x Optical Zoom | eBay

Canon PowerShot SX160 IS 16.0 Megapixels Digital Camera - Black | eBay

Thanks

Thats the zoom and video quality of canon sx 160is for u, watch it at 720p

115Kmph show by BSL WAP-4 hauled HW-LTT AC Super Express! - YouTube

OP
clickclick

clickclick

Journeyman
With this seller (third one) you would get better deal... Use coupons...

Yeah even i thought of buying from the same seller. I have 7% off coupon, anybody here having a better one and doesnt wish to use please share :p

OP
clickclick

clickclick

Journeyman
Okay people, I have bought a camera finally and after getting confused in various makes and models, finally i settled for Canon 1100D and bought it :p
Two main reasons were-
1- Budget
2- Lenses (my cousin brother has a canon 550d and 7d, and a range of canon lenses, which i could borrow from him when he is not using)

Ordered the camera with kit lens from ebay for 21,143 with the standard 18-55 IS kit lens and 2 years canon india warranty with a sandisk ultra 4gb class 6 sdhc card and canon EOS dslr carry bag.

I would like to thank all of u who posted in this thread especially, nac, sujoy, prashanth, im2k, anant :p

*i.imgur.com/MHg64.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
:wow: Great...

Good decision to go for DSLR than a fixed lens camera... Congrats...

Top Bottom