need a a software which can make image

manishjha18

In the zone
hi one of my friend need a software which can make image of whole clean c drive in dvds..
he has norton ghost but it dosent makes images on dvds...(he runs a retail shop and he needs dvds of backup image which he can distribute to his customers...)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try macrium reflect. It's free. Else you can go for Acronis True Image.

OP
M

manishjha18

In the zone
yes--kind of recovery dvd...like we used to get earlier from hp laptops...
just boot in and all the os with drivers get installed if there goes something wrong with the system....
@ zangetsu---i just want a dvd or may be multiple dvds to restore a specific laptop..
guys the problem is say some of the persons say buying dell 15 r wd screw their system with virus or something to a poit system restore dosent work...
so why not give him multiple dvds so anything goes wrong just boot from dvd and your laptops returns to the factory settings....
norton ghost does the work but it dosent does in dvds ...it makes a lot of sense just to give dvds to all the customers of my friend....

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
OK...
so u can use CloneZilla
or windows 7 default backup...

in control panel > select "Back up your Computer" > select "Create a System Image"

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, Acronis True Image is best and if OP has seagate HDD he can download seatools foir windows and have a version of ATI pre-installed with it for free ;-)

abhidev

Human Spambot
hey can the image be taken on a usb in win7...and later if something goes wrong...how is this backup image used to load back the system??

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
In case of ATI, you can make a bootable CD which allows you to operate the software without the need for Windows. It has a graphical interface where you can restore the backup image by browsing to your backup image. It can access USB HDD, DVD and internal HD among others.

Macrium Reflect also has similar functionality.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not really, just select disk and partition backup, select the partition you need to make backup, select your DVD drive as destination, and check make this media bootable and finally make the backup. Of course, before giving to customers, check whether the DVDs are working like they are meant to be. :)

Top Bottom