need 5.1 Speakers @10K

Status
Not open for further replies.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
My Friend wants to get a 5.1 Speakers for his Home-theater setup, which is mostly used with LCD TV and occasionally hooked to his PC or Laptop. His Budget is around 10K.

The immediate model that came to my mind was Altec Lansing FX-5051. I had a chat with a dealer who is a friend of mine, when he enquired its price from Rashi peripherals they quoted @12K, where as several sites are offering it in the range of 8-9K.

Now instead of it he offered me some 5.1 Model from Edifier @9K. I'll confirm the model number tomorrow. I have heard of Edifier as a reputed brand in Audio products, never listened to them in person. So I'm skeptical about this.

Suggest me some good models for his budget, apart from these and let me know how good is this edifier one.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
I've heard Edifier C series (2.1) Speakers. Bass reproduction is nice. Plus, a descent price tag. However, cant say about the after sales service and warranty.
IMO, with that budget, you should narrow options to Logitech and Creative models.
i.e. Logitech X540 and Creative's Inspire T6160.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
If u can, then look for Philips MMS460 and Altec Lansing's FX5051.
Both are quite descent 6 channel performers.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Check out the right corner of this page.

Altec have no service center in india...

*www.alteclansing.com/vs5051-surround-sound-pc-computer-speakers.html

Here is the indian buyer review

*www.alteclansing.com/index.php?file=read_review&iproduct_id=fx5051

roccstar2

Banned
My friend has the x540 rigged to his computer and I must say its very powerful. He plays a lot of first person shooters and watches a lot of movies on his comp and the sound these speakers produce is excellent in that price range.

icebags

Technomancer
creative 6100 with xtreame gmaer sound card sounds good. i think 6160 should do good as well..

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the alternatives guys, Finally we settled down for Altec Lansing FX-5051.
I personally use Vs3251 5.1 from altec. No issues so far, haven't contacted service for anything so I can't comment on the service back up of altec. Ever since I've listened to fx 5051 of another friend, I could find anything better in that price bracket :)
So Altec Lansing FX 5051 it is :))

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Thanks for the alternatives guys, Finally we settled down for Altec Lansing FX-5051.
I personally use Vs3251 5.1 from altec. No issues so far, haven't contacted service for anything so I can't comment on the service back up of altec. Ever since I've listened to fx 5051 of another friend, I could find anything better in that price bracket :)
So Altec Lansing FX 5051 it is :))

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPP!

it's totally not worth 12k. If you can, get more money and buy Z-5500 else just get X-540 for 5.5k

don't waste your money on FX-5051. It has good bass but really weak highs and mids.

reason is simple. AL designed a really good subwoofer tht is very very powerful and they made really tiny and powerless satellites. Hence, the balance is sound is lost. X-540 on the other hand is more balanced and would be perfect for movie and music and gaming at 6k. for saved 7k, get a good sound card that supports Dolby/DTS.

ruturaj3

Journeyman
I m planning to buy FreeAgent Theater+ HD Media Player in next month. i have few questions,
1. Does this player support 5.1 audio ?
2. Suggest me decent 5.1 speakers, i m going 2 hook up them with samsung 32" led tv.
i can spend around 10k on speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom