Need 4.5-5" budget android max budget 12k

sujoyp

Grand Master
1. Budget? 12k
2. Display type and size? IPS screen , 4.5-5" ...more ppi better :D
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? any brand will do. Just need to play with android.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. This will not be my primary phone, soo camera if average is fine.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android 4.1.1 or 4.1.2
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. both
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? no preference
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? timepass while travelling, change ROM, dont play games too much , music quality and screen should be nice.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Soo many in market that I am just total clueless...maybe Xolo is good, there is no branded ones and Xperia C went to chineese market only
12. Any other info that you want to share

I want to buy it in comming 1 month...soo if there something comming soon I can wait.
I am also bit confused if I should just get a Tablet for all those purposes ...maybe a tab with calling facility may also do everything...
Suggest please :)

atiwaand

Broken In
lava iris 504q or xolo q800 ...... only 2 and the best options avalable.... take tha calll.... all the best

tanvir37

Broken In
Xolo Q800
Just give this a read: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/173428-xolo-q800-short-review-2.html#post1954312

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Re: Need 4.5-5" budget android max budget 12k

Hmm looks fine...which one looks more premium in real life

and whats the street price of lava iris 504Q
Q800 is also good. i was interested in that but need some more suggestions. :)

ok I may go for Q800 but they say sound quality is not that good...can software or custom ROM's improve that??

randomuser111

Technomancer
Well I don't think SQ will be that bad. Won't be worse than the Lava Iris though :)

You might also stretch your budget slightly for the Xolo Play.

Last edited:
OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
but then if i go closer to 16k then y not galaxy grand it have dual cortex A9 ...then I wont consider chineese phones :)

but i will keep an eye on xolo play...will need a proper review before I buy...also It wont have ROMs I suppose?

ashs1

Padawan
IF you can go to 16k, why not Xperia L instead of grand ?? much better..
unless you want dual sim, in which case, i'd suggest you go with samsung galaxy quattro instead of grand..

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
but xperia L screen is small ....right now I am very happy with my Omnia W ...but its screen of 3.7" feels small now ....I want 4.5" and above

Shah

Cyborg Agent
unless you want dual sim, in which case, i'd suggest you go with samsung galaxy quattro instead of grand..

:shock: Go Home ashs1, You're High!!

Quattro instead of Grand, you are really sick......... or mad
Even Canvas HD/XOLO Q1000/LAVA Iris 504Q are better than Quattro

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Soo guys today I read about tegra 3 on XOLO Play ...and its interesting to know that its only available on high end devices..

I will wait for the reviews of actual device...maybe by next 20 days we see more interesting devices :)

quagmire

Allllright !
sujoyp, if Xperia C launched in India by next month you can consider that..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/175203-sony-launches-first-mediatek-xperia-c.html

Q800 is VFM at 12k (Not sure abt A.S.S though)

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@quagmire ...yes you are right...if it launches for 12-15k i will consider Sony xperia C .....I dont like plastic feel on the handset..i will check them personally and decide

ashs1

Padawan
:shock: Go Home ashs1, You're High!!

:lol:..

Quattro instead of Grand, you are really sick......... or mad
Even Canvas HD/XOLO Q1000/LAVA Iris 504Q are better than Quattro

:D. i was told that Quattro's Processor & GPU is better than Grand, hence i advised it..& you will never see me advising someone to buy local indian brands. I have had very pathetic services on more than one occassion, hence, i generally avoid suggessting these brands despite them having better specs than samsung/sony/nokia/htc/whatever..

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Re: Need 4.5-5" budget android max budget 12k

thats a good point u made regarding servicing...thats also a reason i was going for cheaper androids...i wanted a secondary phone to my Omnia W to play with android ....

Last edited:
Top Bottom