Need 22-24" monitor cum TV

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Hi friends

I need a 22-24" monitor which also works as a TV such that if we insert a pen drive to play movies, there should not be the need to be it connected to the PC. I.e. it should be able to work independently and I should also be able to connect the dish tv connection to it.

My primary work is TV and secondary work is monitor.

Budget: 14K

Regards

saswat23

Human Spambot
Go with a good 22inch monitor and an external TV tuner from good brand like Avermedia or PixelView.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Will external tv tuner and monitor work if the pc is not working I when playing with pen drive.

Please suggest model with speakers.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Re: Need 22-24" monitor cum TV

Yes, external TV tuner will work even if you dont switch on your PC. You just need to connect the TV tuner and your monitor with a VGA cable.
First of all get a monitor which has good connectivity option so that you can connect your PC to monitor through DVI/HDMI and monitor to TV Tuner through VGA.
For TV tuner, AverMedia and Pixel View are good. However local brands like Zebronics (I am using one), Intex, iBall, etc will also do the job.

Some good monitor options:

Asus VS247H 23.6 inch Monitor - Buy Online @ Rs.10700/- | Snapdeal.com
Dell S2340L 23 inch Monitor with LED - Buy Online @ Rs.12071/- | Snapdeal.com

And dont go for TV tuner with speakers. Even if you get one, add a cheap pair of speakers such as: F&D U213A so that you can experience good and loud sound quality.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Yes, external TV tuner will work even if you dont switch on your PC. You just need to connect the TV tuner and your monitor with a VGA cable.
First of all get a monitor which has good connectivity option so that you can connect your PC to monitor through DVI/HDMI and monitor to TV Tuner through VGA.
For TV tuner, AverMedia and Pixel View are good. However local brands like Zebronics (I am using one), Intex, iBall, etc will also do the job.

In this case we will have to run 4 things at a time to use it as pc i.e. monitor, tuner card, speakers & set top box.

What if we buy a TV and use it as monitor or how about going for this monitor & TV Combo which does all the work:

Samsung 23 Inch LED Monitor - T23B350AR Combo Price: Buy Samsung 23 Inch LED Monitor - T23B350AR Combo Online in India - Infibeam.com

or

*www.newtechnology.co.in/lg-22ma33b-price/

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
AFAIK TVs are not suitable as monitor for gaming. Their response time is slower and most of them have lower resolution.
If you dont intend to game, then its fine to use TV.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
AFAIK TVs are not suitable as monitor for gaming. Their response time is slower and most of them have lower resolution.
If you dont intend to game, then its fine to use TV.

I want to play games on my pc for 1-2 hrs a day and I can't do that on a TV I suppose as it will hurt the eyes a lot and secondly the TVs are meant to be looked from fur distance as compared to a monitor. Pizexl density in monitor is much higher than that in a TV. if you sit close to a TV, you'll not be able to see things sharp. they will appear sharp only if watched from a distance.

Does anything looks good from here:

*www.pcworld.in/best-buys/top-5-full-hd-widescreen-lcd-monitors/mn

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
I want to play games on my pc for 1-2 hrs a day and I can't do that on a TV I suppose as it will hurt the eyes a lot and secondly the TVs are meant to be looked from fur distance as compared to a monitor. Pizexl density in monitor is much higher than that in a TV. if you sit close to a TV, you'll not be able to see things sharp. they will appear sharp only if watched from a distance.

Does anything looks good from here:

Top 5 Full-HD LCD Monitors < Best LCD Monitors with latest features, specifications, prices and comparison < PC World Top 5 < PC World.in

Very true.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Re: Need 22-24&quot; monitor cum TV

Well, my Zebronics LCD TV tuner gave up yesterday after almost 3 years. Repairing will cost Rs.400 min. n that too for 15 days warranty.
So, I have decided to go for iBall this time. It has good customer reviews. Moreover it is the only brand that gives 2 years warranty.

And I think, going for separate TV tuner and monitor would be a better option.
I have already suggested some good monitor models above. Have a look at them.

bubusam13

Human
Re: Need 22-24&quot; monitor cum TV

you will need to turn ON screen, TV tuner and Speakers, remember the speakers too. I thought the same as you thought but getting a TV and using it as monitor will be much more practical.

FULL HD monitor = 10 k + Full HD TV Tuner = 2 k + Nice Speakers = 4 K Total = 16k

Get Full HD TV instead

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
to watch movies/videos directly from pen drive you need a lcd TV.you will have to choose whether gaming is more important(monitor & tv tuner) or simplicity of watching videos directly without a pc(lcd tv).

saswat23

Human Spambot
You cant have both things at a time.
Either you have to get a TV and sacrifice smoother gameplay or get Monitor+TV Tuner and sacrifice direct USB processing.
Choice is yours.

Top Bottom