Need 22-24" monitor cum TV

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Getting a 22 inch TV is a bad idea.. They typically have 1366x768 resolution.. With the same price you can get a FULL HD Monitor which increases viewing quality to a massive degree
+1 to what Saswat suggested

saswat23

Human Spambot
Re: Need 22-24" monitor cum TV

Thanks for the reply. I would prefer monitor and TV tuner. So please suggest me model of TV tuner.

For around 1.4k, I can say iBall offers good TV tuner and also comes with 2 years warranty. See if you can get PixelView model for ~2k locally.
iBall Claro CTV27 TV Tuner Card - iBall: Flipkart.com

Just received my order from shopclues.
TV Tuner is much smaller than seen in the pic, very cute one. But it has better clarity than my previous Zebronics one and also doesnt heatup. The remote controller is great, its fully featured. It has buttons for most options so you dont need to go into the settings every time.
It also has a feature to capture 'Still Image'. That really innovative.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Getting a 22 inch TV is a bad idea.. They typically have 1366x768 resolution.. With the same price you can get a FULL HD Monitor which increases viewing quality to a massive degree
+1 to what Saswat suggested

I have read that we can't find difference between full hd and hd tv in below 24 inch. Is it true?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If you view a 720p video between full HD and HD display, you will find absolutely NO (if not little difference).. The video is played natively in HD display but gets stretched in the Full HD one.. But as long as their display sizes are equal, there will be absolutely no difference.. However, playing a 1080p video between these two , you will notice large difference...
It is because the 1080p pixels are compressed to the output display resolution (~720p) in a HD display whereas a full hd display plays it natively

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^that is not correct.assuming standard bitrate 720p & 1080p(& by that i don't mean YIFY releases) most people can not notice any difference between them from a distance of more than 3 feet on a 24" screen.
CarltonBale.com » 1080p Does Matter – Here’s When (Screen Size vs. Viewing Distance vs. Resolution)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
from a distance of more than 3 feet
^ This
Our eyes cannot detect pixels after certain range, that is true.. but what i said is NOT false.. Last month , when I went laptop hunting, I saw 2 different models of Y500 ..Played a 1080p and 720p video on both and I did notice a big difference.. you will find the results quite surprising once you see it with your own eyes

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you should have mentioned this earlier.it is a known fact that 1080p laptop screens are much better than any usual 720p/1366*768 laptop screen.play those videos on dell S2240L & i seriously doubt you can notice the difference even from 3 feet.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Re: Need 22-24" monitor cum TV

Yes, external TV tuner will work even if you dont switch on your PC. You just need to connect the TV tuner and your monitor with a VGA cable.
First of all get a monitor which has good connectivity option so that you can connect your PC to monitor through DVI/HDMI and monitor to TV Tuner through VGA.
For TV tuner, AverMedia and Pixel View are good. However local brands like Zebronics (I am using one), Intex, iBall, etc will also do the job.

Some good monitor options:

Asus VS247H 23.6 inch Monitor - Buy Online @ Rs.10700/- | Snapdeal.com
Dell S2340L 23 inch Monitor with LED - Buy Online @ Rs.12071/- | Snapdeal.com

And dont go for TV tuner with speakers. Even if you get one, add a cheap pair of speakers such as: F&D U213A so that you can experience good and loud sound quality.

Which is better of the two?

Genius-jatt

Broken In
Hi friends

I need a 22-24" monitor which also works as a TV such that if we insert a pen drive to play movies, there should not be the need to be it connected to the PC. I.e. it should be able to work independently and I should also be able to connect the dish tv connection to it.

My primary work is TV and secondary work is monitor.

Budget: 14K

Regards
Hello friend , According to me External Tuner is also right, But mostly friends have STB-DVR (Digital Video Recorder) or PVR (Personal Video Recorder) today so if it is HD then its more good which has HDMI/DVI ports,You can Connect with HDMI port and Enjoy full HD on your Full HD (1920 x 1080 Pixels) LED-TV ,So you can easily Record your Video's in HD and on the same time you can watch on your LED-TV.

Some LED-TV'S today can easily read many Formats with the help of USB DRIVE , The plus point of DVR/PVR is that you can add your New or old HDD to Record Video data as much as you like. Suppose the price of a good Tuner card is minimum Rs:1500 , Now you can get a Good free to air HD STB PVR (Set top box) in Rs:2100 to 2500 make SOLID , One more plus point is you can watch free to Air channel on your LED-TV, Which is good alternate I think. Thanks :lol:

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
I could not find 2340L in Delhi market. I could only get 2240L and 2440L costing Rs.8800 & Rs.11000.

I am thinking to go with 2240L & hope I will be able to see full HD videos on this monitor:)

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Thanks I am going for Dell 2240L. Pls have a look at this site too for comparing monitors etc...

Dell S2240L vs AOC I2269VWM - Monitors Specs Comparison

Top Bottom